DMC-FZ5 deals at IT show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FZ5owner said:
k3nn3th03,
the sales damm rude. He told me price is 739. B4 can ask abt the freebies, he turn away to serve another girl.Brochure price is 799 + pouch + 512MB + Dry box. Like u say, dry box looks like tupperware........heheheheheh

Cheers,
alfdam

i agreed with the sales thing.. but i dun think this reflex the whole sale team there... there r some other good one... but there is this FAT guy in the digi cam section.. act as if i dun know anything but only know how to mess with the FZ5... but maybe that life... i might have the plate that say, touching and not buying hanging ard my neck.. :D

Route88 said:
My opinion is not worth it,its best to source MS,AP or CP.
What u all think

Got mine last week from MS at 660 + 256MB + pouch + min tripod.
happy with the deal.

At this I.T show, cameras are sold at RRP price & the freebies are not worth. Can get better deal at A.P or M.S.C surely...

Dun waste time going there.

Only this Nachus Digital Partner 40gz is worth it. Normal price $349, there selling $269.

As expected, panasonic's offers were grossly unattractive.
All they did was increase the size of the free SD card from 256MB to 512MB and added a "Drybox". This is way off the free gifts that Canon and Nikon are dangling for their non-PC Show, nation-wide sale (see newspaper adverts + Computer Times).

As indicated by someone, Nikon, Kodak, Minolta and Canon stayed away and some people there were asking why. Without the usual Canon Miss Singapore Photogenic photgraphy corner and the famous Nikon girls promoting their camera, its awfully quiet where cameras are concerned. Sony and Panasonic were the only big camera names there. Anyone know what really happened between these companies and the management of PC SHow?

On the camera front, I finally managed to touch the FZ5 and my...its very light! those "kiam" people did not even bother to put a memory card in there, so can't take any photos but having taken a few shots, I found some of them were overexposed and inspite of the mega OIS, some images still looked blurred at x12. Did I do something wrongly? I also found the controls less intuitive....hope to be able to see the Canon S2 I.S and do a comparison. looks like as long as I have not sold my nikon 4300, it will be my primary main camera...heh heh

ps saw John Teoh there as well!

airconvent said:
As expected, panasonic's offers were grossly unattractive.
All they did was increase the size of the free SD card from 256MB to 512MB and added a "Drybox". This is way off the free gifts that Canon and Nikon are dangling for their non-PC Show, nation-wide sale (see newspaper adverts + Computer Times).

As indicated by someone, Nikon, Kodak, Minolta and Canon stayed away and some people there were asking why. Without the usual Canon Miss Singapore Photogenic photgraphy corner and the famous Nikon girls promoting their camera, its awfully quiet where cameras are concerned. Sony and Panasonic were the only big camera names there. Anyone know what really happened between these companies and the management of PC SHow?

On the camera front, I finally managed to touch the FZ5 and my...its very light! those "kiam" people did not even bother to put a memory card in there, so can't take any photos but having taken a few shots, I found some of them were overexposed and inspite of the mega OIS, some images still looked blurred at x12. Did I do something wrongly? I also found the controls less intuitive....hope to be able to see the Canon S2 I.S and do a comparison. looks like as long as I have not sold my nikon 4300, it will be my primary main camera...heh heh

ps saw John Teoh there as well!

Looks like it will be better to go Harvey Norman if you want to get the FZ5....they are having the GSS, S$599 for FZ5, and that is certainly worth the buy.

With regard to what you tried out, you will need to check the setting.

Also, under low light condition, dun expect the camera to perform wonders. The blur image you got could be due to long exposure time, which is due to low light...

JimDavis said:
Looks like it will be better to go Harvey Norman if you want to get the FZ5....they are having the GSS, S$599 for FZ5, and that is certainly worth the buy.

Also, under low light condition, dun expect the camera to perform wonders. The blur image you got could be due to long exposure time, which is due to low light...

Unker u slow lehz... 599 is a printing error by HN... haaa... it is still at 799

Yup, tested at 12x the image was blur (on display). Not sure whether the low light exposure or focus distance played a part. Can any1 verified with their camera ?

As for the freebies at PC show, the 512 mb SD card is just a normal SD card (kingston). I wonder those from AP or MS, do they give fast speed SD card ?

O.I.S does not not do wonders, it just allows one to use a slighly slower shutter speed. But if the camera is not held correctly, the images will still be blur. At 432mm, slight movements will cause quite obvious blurring at a slow shutter speed.

At the same time, I somehow feel that Canon's I.S seems to work slightly better compared to O.I.S - Just my 2 pence :p

Hong Jia said:
Unker u slow lehz... 599 is a printing error by HN... haaa... it is still at 799

Is it? Hmmmm....then HN should be responsible to give the S$599 for those who are holding on to their brochures, rite? ;)

hunky said:
Yup, tested at 12x the image was blur (on display). Not sure whether the low light exposure or focus distance played a part. Can any1 verified with their camera ?

As for the freebies at PC show, the 512 mb SD card is just a normal SD card (kingston). I wonder those from AP or MS, do they give fast speed SD card ?

Nope they dun, no camera package gives high speed SD card. Usually given is Kingston normal speed one. MS Color gives 256mb. Add $30 if you want 512mb card, more worth in my opinion.

hunky said:

got my FZ5 less then 2weeks. at 12 X, half press the shutter. the image will turn out sharp. something which I found out the other day.... lazy to flip the manual.....

cheers,
Damalf

wrx_sti_22b said:
Nope they dun, no camera package gives high speed SD card. Usually given is Kingston normal speed one. MS Color gives 256mb. Add $30 if you want 512mb card, more worth in my opinion.

Yup,yup,yup...the dry box and 512mb is not something to shout about.
Saw a 1Gb storage going for $188,good for video storage

FZ5owner said:
got my FZ5 less then 2weeks. at 12 X, half press the shutter. the image will turn out sharp. something which I found out the other day.... lazy to flip the manual.....

cheers,
Damalf

Half press is for focusing :thumbsup:

JimDavis said:

Wah...still new,dunno much about manual setting....how to?

JimDavis said:
Is it? Hmmmm....then HN should be responsible to give the S$599 for those who are holding on to their brochures, rite? ;)

I guess they expected some customers to make noise which is why they don't have the camera in stock and worse, not even a demo set. Somehow it is funny they don't have stock out of a sudden and I believe they do not wish to argue with customers so it will be easier to tell them out of stock if the customers keep pushing them.

wrx_sti_22b said:

Not very sure though, my friend got his casio camera with high speed SD card.

hunky said:
Not very sure though, my friend got his casio camera with high speed SD card.
highspeed SD card on the packaging? or did they actually state the speed?
frm my experience.. packaging that says highspeed are usually the low/normal speed cards. the fast cards will say something like 45X or 66X or 133X

oh ya.. at 400mm, the usual shutter speed required (for SLR) is 1/400 for a normal hand.
panasonic claims to improve by 3 stops, which will slow it down to about 1/50 max.

The lowlight condition in the halls should require something like 1/8s or 1/6s
way too long for a "normal" user like us w/o tripod.

OIS doesn't do magic, it only does wonders.

hunky said:
I guess they expected some customers to make noise which is why they don't have the camera in stock and worse, not even a demo set. Somehow it is funny they don't have stock out of a sudden and I believe they do not wish to argue with customers so it will be easier to tell them out of stock if the customers keep pushing them.

*nod nod* That's right....go and complain to Mediacorp and CASE, make it a big big scene....they will then learn their lesson... :bsmilie:

Route88 said:
Wah...still new,dunno much about manual setting....how to?

Not manual setting lar...but need to make sure that IOS is on...sometimes when you play with display set, people may mess with the IOS setting, set it to off, with low light somemore, image 100% blurz....

Status
Not open for further replies.