DL Editor's Pick is the 5D3

To be honest afta seeing the online review of the battle between D800 & 5D3, i really muz confess, nikon clearly got smashed by canon in this are of low light perf, not that i agree with the statement but nikon could hve done more kinda of like the notion of leave no stones unturned

Canon 5D Mark III vs Nikon D800 - Hands-on - YouTube

Watch that for a laugh -.-, you want real review and comparison
watch this! Canon 5D MK III vs Nikon D800 with Nathan Elson - YouTube
and then tell me who smashes who??? hmmm. . .

Lol! Put it through wedding photography, sports, wildlife, street, events, and we'll have a fairer comparison :)

Final conclusion: both are superb cameras suited more for specific genres.

recap said:
its going to be just fine. another several years down the road if someone ever gets to supersizing that nex-7 sensor into full frame, we'll be beating our chests all over again when 54MP systems come out.

Nah... At the rate things are going, Sony would have closed shop by then.

The only reliable bit of info one can glean from Digital Life is the RRP.

mogwai said:
The only reliable bit of info one can glean from Digital Life is the RRP.

Even with that, the actual price we pay is still not near for 5Dmk3 and D800(if u know where to find those that do not sell by SRP)

Blur Shadow said:
Yeah! Loved the buffer and the incredible fps.

I sold my D300s already, in anticipation of the D800. Too bad I can't get a set. So now, I'm living on a D7000. One more zero than you!

Damn... Sigh... I priced quite low Liao still cannot sell... Dunno why...

is there really a need to compare?

My personal view, read up the spec. & try out on both camera and the choice is yours !

Cowseye said:
Even with that, the actual price we pay is still not near for 5Dmk3 and D800(if u know where to find those that do not sell by SRP)

Yups, I find out RRP, then make sure I don't pay it :D

I like one of the statement in the video about the Nikon with so many pixels has noise level that is comparable to the lesser pixel Canon which is surprising. I think in terms of image quality if u can get more pixels and yet still hold the noise level reasonably down it is an achievement. Anyway I agree most with the statement made by Nathan that there is no reason for an existing Canon user to switch nor for an existing Nikon user to switch, both D800 and 5D3 are so good.

IMO. Perhaps the problem with the DL article is that its depth is not matched to the D800/MK III's intended target audience.

Specifically; the buyers of these two products shouldn't normally be entry level photographers but for persons with some experience in photography already. Hence, the article should have been more written for those persons in mind, and have done away with those motherhood statements about image sensor sizes, crop factors etc.

The D800 is for landscape and fashion photographers who "do not need to shoot beyond ISO 400". Sigh...

Serious boh ? :eek:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

The D800 is for landscape and fashion photographers who "do not need to shoot beyond ISO 400". Sigh...

Why bother? Do they even know what they are talking about? Kaoz, Ask him go fly kite.. Seriously.. i doubt he really know anything when he write tat article.. They need to get the facts right and stop misleading readers..

5dmk3 is like a Toyota 1.3L upgrade to a Toyota 1.6L. To me I think there izzit much difference. 5dmk3 or 5dmk2. But Nikon d800 is all new revolution. Like a Toyota 1.3L upgrade to a BMW 6 series. Wat can I say from here. Haha.. Hmmm...

the main upgrade for 5Dmk2 to 3 has gotta be the new AF system and 2 stops better noise control.

for video guys, the improved video will be a big boost.

u can probably say that it is a Toyota Vios upgrade to a Toyota Camry. its that big a gap.

Canon 5Dmk2 users will upgrade to 3.

People can say what they want but nobody can stop the true Nikonians from getting their D800s. :)

Actually it may be very good news. Go to Nikon and ask for price down since the performance is not comparable to D90 for ISO.... Proof? Bring your DL along. I won't go but if someone goes I tack along far behind....hehe

I think hey simply associate D3x to D800 without doing any testing, touch or practical use. I was at NSC just now and chance upon a D800 with battery, card and lens attached. I'm sold.
Have u purchased D800 ?(see your footer), can see more pro feedback from u in future....

Last edited:
the main upgrade for 5Dmk2 to 3 has gotta be the new AF system and 2 stops better noise control.

for video guys, the improved video will be a big boost.

u can probably say that it is a Toyota Vios upgrade to a Toyota Camry. its that big a gap.

Canon 5Dmk2 users will upgrade to 3.

Like that D700 -> D800 is from Honda City to Merc E Class

Better metering.. Better noise.. Better AF.. 3x more pixel.. two card slot.. + 1080p video.. better weight.. better viewfinder.. at the expense of fps.. and cheaper than 5D3