DL Editor's Pick is the 5D3


UncleFai

Senior Member
Mar 10, 2010
4,451
37
48
Singapore
#1
The D800 is for landscape and fashion photographers who "do not need to shoot beyond ISO 400". Sigh...
 

stuck

New Member
Mar 12, 2010
728
2
0
#3
why do you even care what DL thinks? the statement above alone should tell you they dunno what they're talking abt.
 

bomby929

Senior Member
Feb 18, 2008
595
0
16
#6
Actually its just a point of view from another person.

IMHO.. Canon shooter will buy 5D3.. and Nikon will buy D800. Period. Both camera have their merits and downside.

So just go with what you think you want... all the reviews are IMHO are just reading material to confirm the facts. End of the day, it is still up to you to decide what is suitable for you.
 

snowc

New Member
Jan 8, 2006
717
0
0
#7
The D800 is for landscape and fashion photographers who "do not need to shoot beyond ISO 400". Sigh...
This has to be the statement of the year.....LOL
 

eleveninth

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2006
6,218
2
38
#8
Dl writers dont know jack ****. Why ppl bother reAding their ****. Im quite suprised.
 

Cowseye

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2010
3,786
0
0
Singapore
www.ttlo-cowseye.com
#9
snowc said:
This has to be the statement of the year.....LOL
I think hey simply associate D3x to D800 without doing any testing, touch or practical use. I was at NSC just now and chance upon a D800 with battery, card and lens attached. I'm sold.
 

brapodam

New Member
Jun 12, 2009
1,672
4
0
AMK
#10
I think hey simply associate D3x to D800 without doing any testing, touch or practical use. I was at NSC just now and chance upon a D800 with battery, card and lens attached. I'm sold.
Perhaps you should stop going to NSC to save yourself some cash :bsmilie:
 

pbear1973

New Member
Jun 7, 2011
330
0
0
www.flickr.com
#11
UncleFai said:
The D800 is for landscape and fashion photographers who "do not need to shoot beyond ISO 400". Sigh...
There is a thread on my Facebook about the quality of journalism in Singapore and someone quoted two examples of quality DL reporting.

Haiz. DL journalists really no pride.
 

ericcf

New Member
Jul 22, 2011
509
0
0
East
#13
5dmk3 is like a Toyota 1.3L upgrade to a Toyota 1.6L. To me I think there izzit much difference. 5dmk3 or 5dmk2. But Nikon d800 is all new revolution. Like a Toyota 1.3L upgrade to a BMW 6 series. Wat can I say from here. Haha.. Hmmm...
 

Blur Shadow

Senior Member
Sep 17, 2005
4,886
4
0
#14
ericcf said:
5dmk3 is like a Toyota 1.3L upgrade to a Toyota 1.6L. To me I think there izzit much difference. 5dmk3 or 5dmk2. But Nikon d800 is all new revolution. Like a Toyota 1.3L upgrade to a BMW 6 series. Wat can I say from here. Haha.. Hmmm...
Actually, I think the D800 is really just a D700 with a 36.3MP sensor (i.e a larger engine) whereas the Canon got a more holistic upgrade.

The Canon 5D Mk III's new auto focus system is a blast - I think Canon users finally got a taste of the Nikon AF system that Nikon users have generally enjoyed. In retrospect, I'd have brought the Canon Mk III instead of the Mk II for my recent assignment. (I know this is a Nikon forum, and I personally use a Nikon. Just that I did that overseas assignment with a Canon ;-) )

I haven't got the chance to try the D800 yet. Maybe my opinion will change! Who knows?!
 

Cowseye

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2010
3,786
0
0
Singapore
www.ttlo-cowseye.com
#15
Blur Shadow said:
Actually, I think the D800 is really just a D700 with a 36.3MP sensor (i.e a larger engine) whereas the Canon got a more holistic upgrade.

The Canon 5D Mk III's new auto focus system is a blast - I think Canon users finally got a taste of the Nikon AF system that Nikon users have generally enjoyed. In retrospect, I'd have brought the Canon Mk III instead of the Mk II for my recent assignment. (I know this is a Nikon forum, and I personally use a Nikon. Just that I did that overseas assignment with a Canon ;-) )

I haven't got the chance to try the D800 yet. Maybe my opinion will change! Who knows?!
It's good bro. U should try it. Except for the missing thumb grip, I find the new ergonomic more of a welcome. I know many user will disagree with me. I'm already feel very gel to my D700 body and this is even better! The 40g loss is also a good thing. Maybe because I've not use many modern DSLR live view mode, when I tested that on the D800 today, I was totally amazed how not lag the screen is compare to my D700 and D300s.
 

ericcf

New Member
Jul 22, 2011
509
0
0
East
#16
It's because u have no chance to lay your hands on d800. I have the d5mk3 too coz I can easily walk into a any shop and getit. No big deal for me actually. Just a $4k plus toy. Try getting a d800 and u will know it.. Smile my friend..
 

Last edited:

ericcf

New Member
Jul 22, 2011
509
0
0
East
#17
But frankly speaking.. The AF issue is bothering me... Haha..
 

sukhoi37

Deregistered
Feb 24, 2009
484
0
0
35
Pasir Ris
#18
DL? Are you serious? Don't waste time to read their articles, the 99.99% of the reviewers know nth much about the products.
 

116520

New Member
Oct 18, 2009
482
0
0
#19
"do not need to shoot beyond ISO 400"??? Nikon didn't spend as much as Canon for their advertising campaign with the Straits times iszit?
 

Blur Shadow

Senior Member
Sep 17, 2005
4,886
4
0
#20
ericcf said:
It's because u have no chance to lay your hands on d800. I have the d5mk3 too coz I can easily walk into a any shop and getit. No big deal for me actually. Just a $4k plus toy. Try getting a d800 and u will know it.. Smile my friend..
Haha! Yes! I shall have to patiently wait to try out the Nikon D800. I had high hopes for it too. But it's just that I haven't got a chance to use it for my personal or commercial pursuits.
 

Top Bottom