Display Calibrator Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewtansj

Jul 26, 2007
Singapore
Hi all, am using both laptops and desktop. Have been frustrated with the inconsistancy between the 2 displays. Am looking for a display calibrator but not very sure which to get... any recommendations? budet hopefully below $200.:)

I've used GretagMacBeth Huey and I find that with correct calibration, the colors shown on screen are much closer to that of the prints. I draw this conclusion by comparing the colors of unadjusted Kodak prints side-by-side with that shown on the screen and toggling between the Huey corrected and uncorrected versions. You can get it at Harvey Norman at SGD39. Just my two cents. :)

I have one huey. Apparently it doesn't work well with all monitors. Like on my Benq its allright, but on some of my laptops display, the calibration standard is realli fail. Spyder realli does a betta job.

From what I can gather, to get a better calibration one needs to get the latest software update (currently Pantone Huey 1.05) and do the calibration in a low light environment. I've done my calibration by switching off the lights and letting in some sunlight through the window.

yup i used the latest firmware. Apparently it cannot calibrate the white point and gamma properly. Also the screen became GREEN in many instances.

I'm using the latest firmware also. Its becomes yellowish...

I'm using the latest firmware also. Its becomes yellowish...

If I am not wrong, it's supposed to become a little yellowish. The colors of our screens are set to become quite cool - most probably because this matches well with our often fluorescent lit office rooms. But as I am viewing my monitor right now under sunlight from a window, the uncorrected colors look too blue/green, while the corrected (yellowish) ones look just nice.

hmmz..I am using Gretagmacbeth with the latest huey firmware also

Initially my screen looks a little bit reddish when i first calibrated it, and there seem to be a very obvious "shadow" formed by the mouse cursor when it is over light-coloured areas...

But I realised i had previously manually adjusted my lcd's brightness, So i reset the lcd to factory default, and recalibrated again, and the colour looks much more natural now. The calibrated colours are a bit warmer than the uncalibrated ones.. which appear too cool and bluish.

Status
Not open for further replies.