Dispelling the Negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastiansong

Jan 20, 2002
Singapore
www.pbase.com
There seems to be a lot of negativity in this forum recently with an overfocus on equipment and branding. IMHO... all cameras are capable of good photos. Manual users have survived for ages without AF and zoom lens and still managed to deliver breathtaking images.

If anything, photography is about the heart of the photographer. What he choose to see, how he choose to embrace life and how he choose to live.

If you really need to put the cart before the cow... at least take photos of the cow first.

hmmm sebestian .. have not seen you for ages...
must have gone up to the mountains and found your true calling...

well ... i agree with you that there is way too much equipment talk in this forum ...
people need to go out there to take more pictures ...

so when is the next trip out man :)

well...we need all sorts of elements to fill the nooks and cracks here and there...
lets be more liberal ;) let cows be cows, pigs be pigs. :bsmilie:

Well put Sebastian. I am glad you brought this up. Recently I've seen a lot of Canon vs Nikon war going on. I think people should just enjoy photography regardless of waht brand your camera is. Does it matter if you drive a Toyota or a Honda or a Nissan. They are all cars and will get you to where you are going. Similarly a camera will capture the image you want regardless of whether it's a Canon or Nikon, or Minolta or whatever. If you think your brand is better then good for you. But that doesn't make mine bad. A recent debate is about the write speed of the D70. You can see that people are comparing different class of cameras just to get their point across i.e. not comparing apple to apple. My advise is just live with what you have and be happy taking photos rather than comparing my battery last longer than yours or my camera captures more frames than yours. Whats the point? I really don't see the positive side of this. There will always be Canon die hards and Nikon die hards. Just like John Lenon says "Let It Be".

rncw said:
well...we need all sorts of elements to fill the nooks and cracks here and there...
Enlightened insight....;)

sadly enuf, alot of them are techno. greek.
true photographers only interested in improving his work regardless of what to buy or upgrade and probably don't have so much time comparing techno. gadgets in forum.

rncw said:

Reminds me of "Four legs good, two legs bad."...

yar lor.

We should be posting more constructively inside the photo gallery sub-forum. Instead of going into the equipment talk forum so much.

I AM GUILTY AS CHARGED FOR GOING THERE QUITE OFTEN MYSELF. I should be doing this to myself more. :nono:

anyway, I want to MF more than to AF. I want to train my eyes more too.

so the story is?

a monkey wants to take photos, but sees all the cows and pigs comparing their equipment. The monkey wants to join in the discussion, but the cows and pigs just talk about their equipment, and don't bother looking at a hot and sassy female money walking past in the best fringe lighting conditions the monkey has seen.

the monkey took out his lowly Nikon F60 and aimed at the female monkey on his fours, but realise that the angle wasn't flattering. He then got up, stood on his hind limbs and using his tail as a third leg, he took a picture of the female monkey at an auto setting.

the cows and pigs were still discussing whose udders were bigger, and the monkey won the shot of the day eventhough he has no udders.

the end....

just being boliao...... :sweatsm:

sebastiansong said:
There seems to be a lot of negativity in this forum recently with an overfocus on equipment and branding. IMHO... all cameras are capable of good photos. Manual users have survived for ages without AF and zoom lens and still managed to deliver breathtaking images.

If anything, photography is about the heart of the photographer. What he choose to see, how he choose to embrace life and how he choose to live.

If you really need to put the cart before the cow... at least take photos of the cow first.

If the photographer chooses to talk about gears, that's his/her perogative.
So tell me, should I get the D70 or 300D?

Minoxman said:
If the photographer chooses to talk about gears, that's his/her perogative.
So tell me, should I get the D70 or 300D?

whatever ur budget allows you to... you don have to go digital...

film is another option... olympus, fuji, mamiya, hasseblad, 4X5 are all options to do...

get what you need to express yourself... but ultimately its your expression that matters not whatyou use.

sebastiansong said:
whatever ur budget allows you to... you don have to go digital...

film is another option... olympus, fuji, mamiya, hasseblad, 4X5 are all options to do...

get what you need to express yourself... but ultimately its your expression that matters not whatyou use.

Let people talk what they want. You don't seriously think the gear sub-fora are going to be removed ,are you?
I mean some people survive on gear talks solely you know? Have mercy. ;p

i believe the best state 2b in is to know how to shoot well and have all the best gears and know when to snatch a good photo opportunity and know how to talk about gears. best of all worlds. not just best of 1 or 2 things. best of everything. supposedly thats what most people are aimign for.

clive said:
i believe the best state 2b in is to know how to shoot well and have all the best gears and know when to snatch a good photo opportunity and know how to talk about gears. best of all worlds. not just best of 1 or 2 things. best of everything. supposedly thats what most people are aimign for.

Actually you need to know your existing equipment well and get the best out of it... after all, all equipments are DUMB... need the person behind to use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.