[dingaroo] Civic District Photo-Walkabout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing I could divide myself into 2 for the 2 outings that day ;)

Shooters
1. Sheaffey
2. Jacobs
3. bangchew86
4. m102210
5. Joshua Tan
6. LomoPhotographer
7. Thewickedgirl
8. amber0248 (Gina)
9. glgl96
10. d3vlZ
11. zapper10
12. zapper10's friend
Limited to 12 participants only, but if we have more seniors, will consider increasing the group size

Standby:
1. kenny888
2. dacteo
3. neeker
4. zaren
5. Flightspeed (newbie)
6. daredevil123

I might be shooting film on a rangefinder that day. But if I do, I will still bring my dslr along. That is, if I make the main list. Looking at the standby list... might be hard... :sweat:

wow, people are just signing up for the sake of signing up.. :sweat:

lol, got to give benefit of doubt sometimes. some of us i believed sign up the moment the outing thread was started, sometimes just slipped our mind. like for me, i've nv "fly kite" for any outing before. even for the studio lighting course, i gave sufficient time notice when i couldnt make it.

maybe i should have a notice board at home ^^

Hi all, here's the updated list, on 2nd thoughts i think i'll stick with the other outing since i signed up for it way back.

Shooters
1. Sheaffey
2. Jacobs
3. bangchew86
4. m102210
5. Joshua Tan
6. LomoPhotographer
7. Thewickedgirl
8. amber0248 (Gina)
9. glgl96
10. d3vlZ
11. zapper10
12. zapper10's friend
Limited to 12 participants only, but if we have more seniors, will consider increasing the group size

Standby:
1. dacteo
2. neeker
3. zaren
4. Flightspeed (newbie)
5. daredevil123

I might be shooting film on a rangefinder that day. But if I do, I will still bring my dslr along. That is, if I make the main list. Looking at the standby list... might be hard...

Dingaroo,i think these people have signed up in both of our outings:

Thewickedgirl
Sheaffey
kenny888
ethanwind

To these few CS'ers above,please decide on which outing(Dingaroo or mine)you wanna go!Thanks:)

so sorry about that :embrass:! i forgot that i was on the reserve list! i'll go on this one! i got a shock when i saw my name in red! hahaha thanks for pointing it out! :)

O man!!!

Am I so late!! All slots filled up!!

Enjoy your shoot peeps.. I'm out of town that weekend. Will catch the next up coming one

O man!!!

Am I so late!! All slots filled up!!

Enjoy your shoot peeps.. I'm out of town that weekend. Will catch the next up coming one

Waaaa another zerocool.... We must refer to zerocoolastra as ZCA now. No more zero, no more zerocool. Might end up calling the wrong dude.

so sorry about that :embrass:! i forgot that i was on the reserve list! i'll go on this one! i got a shock when i saw my name in red! hahaha thanks for pointing it out! :)

Sorry all for the confusion, didnt know the outing clash till tonight after work, both are great organisers but i can choose only one...already post at cleonbus outing my decision...sorry to both organisers...:embrass:

I never aim you!!! :) don't worry don't worry...

I would like to share my personal experience regarding all the Newbies Outings which I started last April.
At that time, there were less outings than you see nowadays on clubsnap.
I had gotten my first DSLR less than 6 months prior to that, and after a few months, discovered clubsnap. From browsing the newbies forums and looking at the galleries, I felt I had learned some little bit here and there. Through experimentation, the little pieces of the jigsaw began to fall into place.

DSLRs were taking off in terms of sales, and I could see more and more people carrying them around. But I felt that people weren't really using them properly, especially with regards to night landscapes.

Thus I felt 'inspired' to start the Newbies Outings for both social reasons as well as group learning. Really, organising an outing isn't all that difficult. After 9 outings so far I think I've got it down pat... slowly you can see that the organisation is getting better.

Through these outings I've been able to meet some inspiring photographers, some more experienced and more dedicated than me. I hope I've learnt something from them and can see some improvement in my own photography. It really is a sense of self-satisfaction when you organising an outing and all goes well. To receive a lot of thanks is just the icing on the cake! :)

anyway, I've gone on long enough... hope I have inspired others to start organising?? :angel:

Im not good at it, too scary to lead alot of people..

Sounds like a lot of people fear that they are expected
to be "masters" of photographer or something.

Hahaha it's SO not the case.

1) you can always invite experienced
photogs along to be guides. The point is to organise an outing, not necessarily lead one :)

2) as wildcat said in my outing thread, even a primary 3 student can teach a primary 2 student.

I might be shooting film on a rangefinder that day. But if I do, I will still bring my dslr along. That is, if I make the main list. Looking at the standby list... might be hard... :sweat:
DD, I can't acknowledge you as a standby shooter ... instead, acknowledge you as Guide! Glad to have you on that day!

Wishing I could divide myself into 2 for the 2 outings that day ;)
Wan try my cloning services? I use an AXE instead of a DNA splicer! Hehehehe

lol, got to give benefit of doubt sometimes. some of us i believed sign up the moment the outing thread was started, sometimes just slipped our mind. like for me, i've nv "fly kite" for any outing before. even for the studio lighting course, i gave sufficient time notice when i couldnt make it.

maybe i should have a notice board at home ^^

Sorry all for the confusion, didnt know the outing clash till tonight after work, both are great organisers but i can choose only one...already post at cleonbus outing my decision...sorry to both organisers...:embrass:
Sometimes in the excitement of it all, we forget we have activated ourselves for some other event. Not want to pinpoint you guys, but won't be nice to cleonbus too, He organised it for everyone and anyone. Not nice to take up slots that could have been given to others. So appreciate your understanding in the matter.

But no worries, will have other outings which don't involve walkabouts, then we can have a bigger group!

Cheers!

count me in (a newbie)

Hi Dingaroo,

Too bad, i am out of town from 28 to 29 May. hope to join you in next outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.