Digi-Cabi display

JxXx87

Jun 12, 2007
Hi all,
I just bought a digi-cabi 036N and noticed that the LCD has some lines along the sides of the display.I have attached a picture of it.
CS Bros who has digi-cabi cabinets,does yr LCD screen appear to be similar to mine or does it appear to be something wrong?

Thanks in adv!

110y8og.jpg

JxXx87 said:
Hi all,
I just bought a digi-cabi 036N and noticed that the LCD has some lines along the sides of the display.I have attached a picture of it.
CS Bros who has digi-cabi cabinets,does yr LCD screen appear to be similar to mine or does it appear to be something wrong?

Thanks in adv!

Weird. Mine is ok. No such issue.

Wah,fast reply:)

looks like i have to do a replacement?

U bought brand new? Possibly u should...

You should worry more about the high RH value than about those funny little lines... Recommended RH about 45%.

Octarine said:
You should worry more about the high RH value than about those funny little lines... Recommended RH about 45%.

He said just bought it so it is possible that it's still being stabilised.

TS, digicabi's aftersales support is pretty good. This LCD indicator can be changed. You just need to email them and explain the problem to them and I believe they will arrange to send someone down to swap.

That's what happened in my case when I got a new digicabi and the RH didn't go below 57% after more than a day.

He said just bought it so it is possible that it's still being stabilised.

TS, digicabi's aftersales support is pretty good. This LCD indicator can be changed. You just need to email them and explain the problem to them and I believe they will arrange to send someone down to swap.

That's what happened in my case when I got a new digicabi and the RH didn't go below 57% after more than a day.

Ok.thanks.But call them tmr and explain to them the problem..so mine is an isolated case after all.
yap just bought in the aftn and the humidity haven stabilized.

Ok.thanks.But call them tmr and explain to them the problem..so mine is an isolated case after all.
yap just bought in the aftn and the humidity haven stabilized.
Hi, I've got the same display symptoms as you also. Didn't notice it until this thread came along..Mine was bought on Saturday from TK..Let us know your results with Digi..thanks..My RH can dropped to 40 now but once open door it will rise again and drop back later.

Hi, I've got the same display symptoms as you also. Didn't notice it until this thread came along..Mine was bought on Saturday from TK..Let us know your results with Digi..thanks..My RH can dropped to 40 now but once open door it will rise again and drop back later.
Oh and also, what is the difference between a DB-036 and DB-036N? My front cabinet door sticker is showing a DB-036 with the same digital display on top but TK and Digihub website is showing DB-036N available.

haman said:

Very normal because you are introducing moisture into the cabinet. As long as it does not take a long time to drop back. But isn't 40 too low for RH? For camera gear I remember reading its recommended that it reads between 45-55%.

Very normal because you are introducing moisture into the cabinet. As long as it does not take a long time to drop back. But isn't 40 too low for RH? For camera gear I remember reading its recommended that it reads between 45-55%.

there is no such thing as too low nowadays in this day and age, with modern lubricants and all.

I have a Dry cab set at 30% for the last 18 years and all the gears work perfectly well.

daredevil123 said:
there is no such thing as too low nowadays in this day and age, with modern lubricants and all.

I have a Dry cab set at 30% for the last 18 years and all the gears work perfectly well.

Hmmm didn't realise that. Still, won't hurt to have it at between 45-55% ya? Or is there a possibility that would cause problems? Only concern is the rubber and lubricants drying out if I place it at such a low RH.

Hmmm didn't realise that. Still, won't hurt to have it at between 45-55% ya? Or is there a possibility that would cause problems? Only concern is the rubber and lubricants drying out if I place it at such a low RH.
It could increase the growth rate of all those waiting spores. Lubricants without water are unaffected, rubber that can sustain subzero temperatures (and the resulting low RH) won't be affected (much) by a range just below the average for moderate climates.

Does the display of the Digicab DHC model lights up all the while? RH set at 45%, and current RH is 45%, however the LED display still lights up.
According to the instruction sheet, upon reaching the desired RH, the LED light should be off, anyone?

Does the display of the Digicab DHC model lights up all the while? RH set at 45%, and current RH is 45%, however the LED display still lights up.
According to the instruction sheet, upon reaching the desired RH, the LED light should be off, anyone?

The new LED display for the DHC series is ALWAYS on and never off. The older LCD display with backlight only lights up when the Peltier is working.

I just bought digi-cabi 036 but the RH display is "LL" is there something wrong?

I just bought digi-cabi 036 but the RH display is "LL" is there something wrong?
What does the manual say? Have you checked the batteries in the display?

Sorry.. since this about dry cabinet, can i ask something regarding storing leather wallets together with your camera gears?
i set RH 40-45% .. i read that it is not recommended to store your leather products with your cameras? is that correct?
thx for replies~~~ just want to clarify

Sorry.. since this about dry cabinet, can i ask something regarding storing leather wallets together with your camera gears?
i set RH 40-45% .. i read that it is not recommended to store your leather products with your cameras? is that correct?
thx for replies~~~ just want to clarify
Too dry leather will crack.

When living in Germany I never needed any dry cabinet and my wallets did well in the lower humidity there. The problem started when I came to SG.
40-45% is fine. In addition, you can use leather polish products to protect the leather.