Digi-Cabi digital indicator not showing

My older one is Akarui Digi too..still running good..i need bigger cabinet..giving away the Akarui to my friend..

Maybe you should have kept it :)

Was planning to buy an additional dry box. Currently running a "Akarui Digi".. I think I may not consider "Digi-Cabi"...!!!
Akarui is dessicant-based and Digi-Cabi is based on Thermo-Electric technology.
I have a 15-year-old dessicant-based AmPro and it is still running flawlessly after all these years.

I had an AM-Pro... it failed and got replaced with Akarui. I see the wisdom of having an extra indicator whether the thing is connected / working or not.. Akarui does not have that (it only lights up when it kicks in). Wished the AM-Pro was still working? :)

Akarui is dessicant-based and Digi-Cabi is based on Thermo-Electric technology.
I have a 15-year-old dessicant-based AmPro and it is still running flawlessly after all these years.

that is why I got myself more accurate hydrometers TWO of them :bsmilie:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/gene...y-collectables-photography-2.html#post8277923
I have a number of this make of hygrometers. They are spot on at 75% RH salt test. Sadly, at 40%-50% RH, they aren't that accurate anymore. Now, I use calibratable hygrometers which I can calibrate them myself using an industrial hygrometer.

Last edited:
Good to have additional reading yah...will consider getting one when my digi-cabi is back working...:thumbsup: 2 readings better than 1...

The serviceman came & changed some electrical thing in the afternoon. Let it run then left for work. Check with my kid, still working @6.50pm. Came home 9.30pm, it trip again. Contacted the supplier, they will get a new dry-cabi this Saturday. Its a 1st time something like this happened, according to them. Hope its an isolated case & the replacement unit will work fine.