Different colours on different programme

Status
Not open for further replies.

dts_spawn

Jun 24, 2005
Hi,
I'm doing all my editing with PS but when i've done editing, happy with the result and saved, the pictures come out quite different when view with other programmes(those that comes with windows). It'll usually be darker and the colour will be a bit different. It also the case when i upload it to the web. Even with pictures coming straight from the camera, all other programme would show 1 picture while PS, and only PS would show a different one. I use a panasonic FZ5 by the way, hope this would help.

Your FZ5 should have colour profile embedded. Photoshop will read the embedded colour profile and show the "correct colour" that the picture should be (provided your monitor is calibrated). However, most of the other programs (including IE and ACDSee) doesn't read colour profiles by default (unless other settings that I haven't know yet). So the program will only use your monitor colour profile to display the picture. What I do is to turn off the colour profile capability in PS. So that you are sure other programs should look the same.

To do that, go Edit -> Colour Settings -> More Option -> Change to No Colour Management in the drop down box.

Thanks tunster! It worked. But is there any disadvantage to this setting?

so turn off colour management
and it will look the same as in IE and windows picture viewer?
and will it look the same as what others see? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.