Different between local and international warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawninc

Aug 12, 2003
Visit site
hi guyz,

what is the different between local and international warranty? does grey set come with any warranty? and if i buy a lens from HK with international warranty, does it cover the service in Singapore as well?

* Grey set = no warranty (except in original country where there would be local warranty)

* local warranty = local warranty

* international warranty = international warranty (can be submitted at any service centre)
An item with 'local warranty' imported to another country becomes a grey set = no warranty (outside original country)

Generally (for Canon) bodies come with local/regional warranty and lenses come with international warranty.

spawninc said:
hi guyz,

what is the different between local and international warranty? does grey set come with any warranty? and if i buy a lens from HK with international warranty, does it cover the service in Singapore as well?

To answer your question, yes. Your lens purchased in HK can be serviced in S'pore FOC within the warranty period.

I enquired from the service staff at Canon in Harbourfront about warranties of cameras bought from overseas. Apparently they only give 6 months warranty here in SG for these bodies. FWIW

I enquired from the service staff at Canon in Harbourfront about warranties of cameras bought from overseas. Apparently they only give 6 months warranty here in SG for these bodies. FWIW

thanks for the reply.

so does it mean that grey set does not come with any warranty and only the warranty from the shop (if given)?

Status
Not open for further replies.