Did you see that??

Status
Not open for further replies.
denniskee said:
Anyone of you guys visited insomniac 48hrs?

So are you saying the artist were being disrespectfull to the dead and the organizers didn't do their job are they too were disrespectfull to the dead for allowing the movie clips of

corps half semerge in water

rows of bodies in the "room" with 1 lady in black robe walking around

lady in black robe sitting in a chair chatting to a corp wrapped in white cloth (inside a transparant casing) in a empty room

in the "Art House" (the chamber where is use to be ministers debate over country's standing issues)?

in case you haven't been following the thread posts very closely, the issue here is not discussing whether the very act of taking pictures of the dead itself (or doing strange artsy things to them) is demeaning or being disrespectful.

the issue here is : what IS the motivation behind the act? yes, it can be subjective, but there are certain things which are obviously way off the boundaries of common sense.

denniskee said:
Yes, you may say thats a PJ's job, but whats up with this CSer? But for all you know, his intension may be good, or I may be wrong, he / she may be just trying to incite some kind of shocked reaction, or show off as someone puts it. If thats his intention, than I too, would says that he had been disrespecfull to the decease.

Likewise, I'm not here to defend this guys but I won't condemn him wholesale either because I've been there, done that and knows what's going to happen if you condemn too fast.

Stereobox said:
in case you haven't been following the thread posts very closely, the issue here is not discussing whether the very act of taking pictures of the dead itself (or doing strange artsy things to them) is demeaning or being disrespectful.

the issue here is : what IS the motivation behind the act? yes, it can be subjective, but there are certain things which are obviously way off the boundaries of common sense.

Again, defending your own judgement.

Blah blah blah... 2 person arguing in public forum........... guys, there is this thing called pm....... make use of it... :rolleyes:

But who sets the OB? It is today that I can see it clearly, as put up by Darren.

My interpritation for this statement draws me to the the understanding of the CSer had been "dsirespecfull".

Hi man,
I wouldn't bother. There are those that do and those that don't really have any feelings for others than themselves.
Why don't we simply end this thread with the fact that we hope unfortunate person rest in peace and with respect.

As for

what IS the motivation behind the act? yes, it can be subjective, but there are certain things which are obviously way off the boundaries of common sense.

Why dont you just ask the CSer, instead of telling others what his / her intention is base on your own understanding.

A photog makes the shot cause he feels something. Its up to the views to derive their own interpritation. But its definitely not for the viewer to tell others the photog's intention when he press the shuttle base on the viewer's own interpritation.

Brandon said:
Blah blah blah... 2 person arguing in public forum........... guys, there is this thing called pm....... make use of it... :rolleyes:

Sorry Brandon, no offence, but I dont see any problem in this. Since like you say, its a public forum. As long as you dont cross the OB set by the moderators, anythings are allowed. Or my understanding is wrong again?

Kit said:
You are contradicting yourself. Its a public forum and people can't use it??

No problems with me.... please carry on if you like......

My thought was if it was only between the 2 of you (since most of the replies are linked to the quotes of the other) maybe you could bring it somewhere else.

But if you believe that what you said must be heard by everyone here, then please continue.....

pardon my interruption in the debate

anyways...

Kit said:
Again, defending your own judgement.

before we go on (and on), let me ask a fundamental question. have you seen or read the post/picture in question?

if not, you are not in a position to judge how i actually feel towards the picture.

like the story goes, you cannot argue there is no green cow, when i have seen the green cow and you have not.

when i posted the thread, i was also hoping that the original poster would come in and feed us with more information. and not drag the whole thread into philosophical PJ-ethics chatter

that will be all for tonight... :bsmilie:

Stereobox said:
when i posted the thread, i was also hoping that the original poster would come in and feed us with more information.

Stereobox said:
i hope people will show more common sense, sensitivity and responsibility when posting pictures. there was someone who posted a picture of a floating body in a pond in Sungei Buloh a while ago.

i hope whoever the poster is, he has provided the proper authorities with information.

a big thank you for the quick thinking mods for removing that thread. i didn't really expect to see that at all, and i'm sure i'm not the only one. watching and reading about gruesome news on tv and newspapers is one thing, but certainly not here, which is more of a recreational forum??

Rest in peace, for the deceased in the picture.

Sorry, After reading your starter thread afew times, I still do not get the feeling that your intention is to invite the CSer to air his / her own view.

Or I could be due to my poor understanding of english.

Stereobox said:
anyways...

before we go on (and on), let me ask a fundamental question. have you seen or read the post/picture in question?

if not, you are not in a position to judge how i actually feel towards the picture.

like the story goes, you cannot argue there is no green cow, when i have seen the green cow and you have not.

when i posted the thread, i was also hoping that the original poster would come in and feed us with more information. and not drag the whole thread into philosophical PJ-ethics chatter

that will be all for tonight... :bsmilie:

The same applies. You opinion does not represent all just because you happen to have one. I don't debate that you've seen the green cow and I've not but I don't necessary see it as a bad cow like you do. Just because you've seen the green cow doesn't mean you KNOW the green cow.

I too, didn't really see this thread as an opportunity for the original poster to come in and explain himself.

Brandon said:
It's ok one.
I'd like to see the dirty laundry(if any) in public also.

Status
Not open for further replies.