Developing film into negatives only?

wattky

Jun 24, 2006
Hi all, my wife just got me a Diana Mini so I'm very new to film photography. I've been Googleling but can't seems to find the ans. I would like to find out if it is possible to request the photo labs to just develop the film into negatives without the prints/photograph? Reason being that I have a flatbed scanner that can scan 35mm films, so I was thinking of scanning the negatives and have "softcopy" instead.

eh... of course you can. Just tell them developing only.

Oh ok....haven't been to the photolabs for over a decade I think and even back then it was with the photos. Hehehe thought they would think I am trying to be funny by only processing the film and not getting it into prints.

Oh ok....haven't been to the photolabs for over a decade I think and even back then it was with the photos. Hehehe thought they would think I am trying to be funny by only processing the film and not getting it into prints.
Yes, you can ask them to process only, no printing, no scanning.

Thanx foxtwo and catchlights :)

Hi all, my wife just got me a Diana Mini so I'm very new to film photography. I've been Googleling but can't seems to find the ans. I would like to find out if it is possible to request the photo labs to just develop the film into negatives without the prints/photograph? Reason being that I have a flatbed scanner that can scan 35mm films, so I was thinking of scanning the negatives and have "softcopy" instead.

yes of course... you are able to develop them only... if you want to skip the scanning part, for just a few $$ extra you can get them to scan to CD also...

of coz u can do that bro.... juz tell dem dat u want to develop the negatives... no printing of the pix.... n better still u can store in "CD"... it cost $12 at KODAKexpress shop.. den u can store in ur computer.... n better still can be edit in photoshop...