Dell 27 inch monitor users, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's any consolation, there's no such thing as a perfect LCD, or perfect camera, or perfect picture. Well nothing in this world is perfect. :)

In real life, how often do you put 2 copies of the same pic side by side and compare like that?

or ask ur friend with laptop (dvi connection) go ur house test test

i have a laptop myself.but i'm so frustrated i dont think i will try it.

damn it.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

If it's any consolation, there's no such thing as a perfect LCD, or perfect camera, or perfect picture. Well nothing in this world is perfect. :)

In real life, how often do you put 2 copies of the same pic side by side and compare like that?

i dont.BUT

what if i want to do photoshop?which color do i follow?the one on the left, or right?

you mean those super high end monitors like ortegandalf told me b4, they also have these shitty problems?

damn lucky i didnt got myself a 800+ graphics card like some shops in SLS told me to.
phew.
:what:

liew..just try it lah..if the same..confirm ur lcd :thumbsd:

damn damn damn.
i'm going to soak in cold tub now to cool me down.:angry:

see you guys tmr.

i dont.BUT

what if i want to do photoshop?which color do i follow?the one on the left, or right?

you mean those super high end monitors like ortegandalf told me b4, they also have these shitty problems?
Maybe the centre area? Anyway, if your LCD is not calibrated, whatever colours you have edited to, it'll look difference on another monitor, or when u print.

Is there a distinct centre line where the colour saturation suddenly changed?

no apple for me lah.i already no time for shoots.now still go buy apple and got to learn mac?

no need learn mac to use the ACD lah. but ACD have greenish cast also leh. but viewing angle of ACDs are really :thumbsup:

anyway, i thought the Dell 27" have a wider gamut specially for editing?!

This solution to your problem, by the way, is to sit further away from the monitor..

you know how heavy the monitor is?
:embrass: :cry:

no apple for me lah.i already no time for shoots.now still go buy apple and got to learn mac?

The apple monitor comes with a DVI connector, it works on any computer.

you know how heavy the monitor is?
:embrass: :cry:

btw, i was discouraged from buying apple coms from my friends who HAS them.
they told me to stick to pc.:embrass: :dunno:

just buy the screen don't need to buy the imac

damn lucky i didnt got myself a 800+ graphics card like some shops in SLS told me to.
phew.
:what:
No point, high end graphics cards will not affect the colours much. It only matter if you do extremely heavy 3D rendering like CADCAM or gaming. SLS only trying to con you.

Btw, not sure if it was mentioned. Are you using the DVI cable provided by Dell? Have u tried the other DVI port on your graphics card? Maybe can try another DVI cable if u have the chance?

No point, high end graphics cards will not affect the colours much. It only matter if you do extremely heavy 3D rendering like CADCAM or gaming. SLS only trying to con you.

Btw, not sure if it was mentioned. Are you using the DVI cable provided by Dell? Have u tried the other DVI port on your graphics card? Maybe can try another DVI cable if u have the chance?

she bought gold plated one

where to find EIZOs in spore?!

Acutally Viewsonic and Samsung have some pretty good 19"s (VX9xx and 970P), 27" is beyond my experience. Buying Dell monitor is, on one side, like buying Sigma lenses and on the other, a dead end.

The most scary thing comes from a friend's Acer laptop. The screen has a red cast so I helped to calibrate, ending up the middle being neutral, top being green and bottom being magenta. I thought my 710N was bad enough before then...

erm... But color vairation from left to right is a bit strange. Let me check with my buddy first.

she bought gold plated one
Maybe that's the cause of the problems. :bsmilie: Sorry, couldn't contain myself.

Acutally Viewsonic and Samsung have some pretty good 19"s (VX9xx and 970P), 27" is beyond my experience. Buying Dell monitor is, on one side, like buying Sigma lenses and on the other, a dead end.
Obviously you've not had much experience using the higher end Dell monitors.

The viewing angle for most LCD monitor nowadays is around 120~130 degrees. The 178 degrees ones are usually pretty expensive. For me, color distribution across the screens is important cos I do lots of graphic work so paying the extra saved me a lot of trouble.

I don't know if any shops still carry the Viewsonic VX2025vm anymore but if they do, I would strongly recommend it. Another model which I use in the office is the LG Flatron LG2000C. Both offer 178 degrees viewing angle and very good contrast ratio.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Do check that you are seated at an appropriate distance from your moniter. Despite the wide viewing angles of newer LCDs, you still need to be relatively perpendicular to the screen when you are doing color critical work.

I'm using at Dell 30" and I don't have such issues, then again, I try to avoid such problems in the first place by sitting far back in my seat having the moniter >1m away from my face.

Anyway I use a G5 at work and nope, I don't think a Apple Cinema would do any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.