Deliberating Cupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabianaino

Deregistered
Nov 19, 2007
Orchard
Hi Guys,

First of all , MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL .. =)

I found a small figurine of some cupid at home and decided to do some snapping. =)
I was pondering on the rules of a third when I took and edited this photo.
Appreciate your comments on whether I was close to the rule.

Please also feedback to me what caught your eyes first in the picture, and then what's next ( the flow? ).
Do comment of the colors and contrast or any other elements which you feel can be improve in the photo. :)

2139807631_1e18a4c80a.jpg

agree. the purple ribbon abit too striking i guess

Actually I don't agree. I feel that the flow intended by the photographer is from the top right of the photograph down to the bottom left however Humans Naturally start looking from the left to the right of anything we see so I guess thats why you guys noticed the purple ribboned cupid first. The photographer tried to counter this by focusing on the other cupid on the right side which worked for me as I looked at the focused cupid before looking at the overall photograph. Really good effort in focusing only the object you want to attract the eye to possibly if the cupid had been brighter it would have worked better. Good shot though =) Looking forward to more of your works!!

:p

Hi,

ilsam, you are right, I do intended the flow to be from the focused cupid first. Thanks for the comment, I will noted the lighting effort in my next composition. =)

Ans also, the purple ribbon was brought up to my attention. Will pay attention to such details in the future . =)

The cupid in focus caught my eye first but I think the cupid on the left is kinda distracting though, the wing of the left angel is too close to the face and the depth wasn't enough. Other than that lovely photo ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.