dead pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl

Apr 7, 2002
Visit site
how do u guys test for dead pixels? i heard can be done by using the lens cap and take a black pic and see how many are not black... i got some red, blue and dunno green or white pixels leh...

also how can i count the percentage of dead pixels? i think above a certain percent, the company then can change the cam rite?

Originally posted by stl
how do u guys test for dead pixels? i heard can be done by using the lens cap and take a black pic and see how many are not black... i got some red, blue and dunno green or white pixels leh...

also how can i count the percentage of dead pixels? i think above a certain percent, the company then can change the cam rite?

here's the link:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36060&highlight=dead+pixel

Originally posted by West_ray
then how to prevet dead pixel from forming ??????
Stop using your camera! :)

Seriously, it is part of normal wear and tear.

yeah - talk about wear and tear - I got 1 dead pixel on my 5700 within 3 hours of using it!!!! :angry:

All fingers crossed - hope there is no more to come. :(

Originally posted by Nutcase
yeah - talk about wear and tear - I got 1 dead pixel on my 5700 within 3 hours of using it!!!! :angry:

All fingers crossed - hope there is no more to come. :(
At least it is still under warranty. I got one dead pixel in my CP5000 within 3 months and had the CCD remapped by Nikon. My camera then developed a very hot pixel (ie will appear even in short exposures after continuous shooting) at 15 months. Nikon wanted to charge me S$100 to remapped the CCD out of warranty!!! :eek:

how long will it take for them to fix dead pixel?

Originally posted by linse
At least it is still under warranty. I got one dead pixel in my CP5000 within 3 months and had the CCD remapped by Nikon. My camera then developed a very hot pixel (ie will appear even in short exposures after continuous shooting) at 15 months. Nikon wanted to charge me S$100 to remapped the CCD out of warranty!!! :eek:

So they actually agree to fix 1 dead pixel under warranty?

I had the impression that they will only fix it if > x number of dead pixels.

This is good information! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Nutcase
So they actually agree to fix 1 dead pixel under warranty?

I had the impression that they will only fix it if > x number of dead pixels.

This is good information! :thumbsup:
They don't actually replace the CCD. They just remap the CCD so that the defective pixel is not used in the reconstruction algorhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.