dead pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl

Apr 7, 2002
Visit site
how do u guys test for dead pixels? i heard can be done by using the lens cap and take a black pic and see how many are not black... i got some red, blue and dunno green or white pixels leh...

also how can i count the percentage of dead pixels? i think above a certain percent, the company then can change the cam rite?

jtnet

May 18, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by stl
how do u guys test for dead pixels? i heard can be done by using the lens cap and take a black pic and see how many are not black... i got some red, blue and dunno green or white pixels leh...

also how can i count the percentage of dead pixels? i think above a certain percent, the company then can change the cam rite?

here's the link:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36060&highlight=dead+pixel

Nutcase

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
yeah - talk about wear and tear - I got 1 dead pixel on my 5700 within 3 hours of using it!!!! :angry:

All fingers crossed - hope there is no more to come. :(

May 24, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by Nutcase
yeah - talk about wear and tear - I got 1 dead pixel on my 5700 within 3 hours of using it!!!! :angry:

All fingers crossed - hope there is no more to come. :(
At least it is still under warranty. I got one dead pixel in my CP5000 within 3 months and had the CCD remapped by Nikon. My camera then developed a very hot pixel (ie will appear even in short exposures after continuous shooting) at 15 months. Nikon wanted to charge me S$100 to remapped the CCD out of warranty!!! :eek:

E-Lim

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
how long will it take for them to fix dead pixel?

Nutcase

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by linse
At least it is still under warranty. I got one dead pixel in my CP5000 within 3 months and had the CCD remapped by Nikon. My camera then developed a very hot pixel (ie will appear even in short exposures after continuous shooting) at 15 months. Nikon wanted to charge me S$100 to remapped the CCD out of warranty!!! :eek:
So they actually agree to fix 1 dead pixel under warranty?

I had the impression that they will only fix it if > x number of dead pixels.

This is good information! :thumbsup:

May 24, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by Nutcase
So they actually agree to fix 1 dead pixel under warranty?

I had the impression that they will only fix it if > x number of dead pixels.

This is good information! :thumbsup:
They don't actually replace the CCD. They just remap the CCD so that the defective pixel is not used in the reconstruction algorhythm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom