Dead Pixel

Status
Not open for further replies.

h4rtly

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just got myself an Olympus Digicam. After awhile, found out that there is a dead pixel on the LCD. Is it possible to bring it down to Oly Service Center to get it fixed?

Thanks

h4rtly said:
Hi Guys,

Just got myself an Olympus Digicam. After awhile, found out that there is a dead pixel on the LCD. Is it possible to bring it down to Oly Service Center to get it fixed?

Thanks

What camera do you have?
Some models of the Olympus digicam have a function call "pixel mapping" or something like that, which will reduce the dead pixels by performing the mapping process.

Raymond

Using C8080, had tried to use the pixel mapping, with no effect. I thing the dead pixel is on the lcd screen itself

h4rtly said:
Using C8080, had tried to use the pixel mapping, with no effect. I thing the dead pixel is on the lcd screen itself

Oh, in that case, look at ur warranty to see if this is covered. Normally for LCD, you must have a min. no. of dead pixels before they'll replace it.

if u juz got it, prolly can try going back to the shop u bought it from n see if they can do a 1-1 for u.

h4rtly said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

The warranty never say anything about this. Anyway, I brought the cam to the service center during the weekend. They asked me to leave it there for 1 week for them to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.