DARREL from NUS ME Yr4

Status
Not open for further replies.
duh... i said i would like suggestions for nicknames to CE and ME.

CE is a tough course, and u have to compete with the china students, who r programming geniuses. u take 5-6 modules every sem i think, which means yr timetable is packed.

really?

i'm in EEE/2. Tough course, and have to compete with PRC students, most of whom r programming geniuses. i took a total of 7 core modules + 1 lab session + 1 general elective. my timetable is packed all the way, toughest day being from 1030 to 1830. an average day is 5 hours long. but my weekends r free (for tutorials!) :D

there is much time for ECAs & hall activities after school hours. Holidays are happening (esp inter-sem). Got IHG and IHRG.

I beleive all schools have it tough. Lotsa people think NBS is quite relaxed especially since they can afford to have a few days free in a week. But I have many good friends in NBS, and even though they are Year 2 students and I am a Year 4 student in CE, they are much busier than me with loads of projects and discussions. Quite frightening. I get more sleep than them. Or maybe I am just slacking on my FYP...

About tough time tables, it's not uncommon for SCE students to have full day lessons on some days. When I say full day, I mean 8:30 - 5:30 straight with no breaks. I've heard of some cases where they take GE and it goes on till 7:30pm. I think they are just plain crazy ... the way they arrange their time table.

But then, that's just what I know.

Merv, let's see ... CE ... following your line of thought, I would say, Come Endure? :)

duh..... what am i doing here? i've got a paper later at 0930 :( :cry:

Some words of encouragement from a has-been rotee... :)

1. You may be surprised to know that PRC or Indian National students make up only a very small % of 1st class graduates in this year's NUS Engrg batch. I estimate about 80% 1st class grads are locals.

2. For those who think studying sucks, from a person who've been through studying and going through working now, you'll know working is no fun. Not as much as studying anyway. You get so much freedom as a student. Everyday at work is an assignment. Every minute is precious. (But I still post on CS haha) Well, you get what I mean.

All the best for exams, all you CS students, part time full time own time.

Don't need to start working to know that it's no fun. Knew it when I was in JC. Confirmed my fears during IA. Give me exams anytime.

Oh well ... heh ... happy working rayman.

Originally posted by rayman
Some words of encouragement from a has-been rotee... :)

1. You may be surprised to know that PRC or Indian National students make up only a very small % of 1st class graduates in this year's NUS Engrg batch. I estimate about 80% 1st class grads are locals.

All the best for exams, all you CS students, part time full time own time.

well, the story's quite different in SOC, i think. PRCs dominate the honours list... i quite frankly have yet to come across a PRC who doesn't do well in SOC... most of them don't even have any computer experience prior to entering NUS due to china's low IT penetration rate, contrary to popular (or at least my) belief. amazing huh

Status
Not open for further replies.