Dakota - the little bits and pieces

iluvs90

Apr 11, 2010
Singapore
As we are aware Dakota area will be redeveloped soon (see here)... when i was very young like kindergarten and P1/2, i stayed at Blk 5 Old Airport Rd, this Blk 5 has been replaced by a newer taller Blk 5 and before we know it so will Dakota Crescent! In my mind, i feel an affinity with this estate and feel the familiarity with this neighborhood. In this visit, i thought i would capture the little stuff that i find unique and nice about this area.

For those that have the chance to visit this area, you will see many have vacated their houses but there is certain character about this place that feels it is lost in time... so hope you will have a chance to make a trip down before everything goes away.

The pictures are just presented in no particular order and hope you will see the charm of this estate and please feel free (if you do not mind) to add your collection to this post.

~~~

Blk 22 Old Airport Road by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

Beauty of an old estate by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

Old stairwell by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

Dangerous cat by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

Old age sucks by darryl.chiew, on Flickr
~~~

Last edited:
Wandering about in this estate, i easily lost my bearings especially when i was visiting different blocks but these blocks are of the same design, they are old and they are lovely, like a old pair of jeans, i find it comforting to just walk amongst them.

~~~

Old past time by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

End of life by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

Empty balconies by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

Everyday excesses by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

Shut by darryl.chiew, on Flickr
~~~​

Last edited:
Every now and then, an old estate bites the dust... i think i will miss this place and her brick buildings, sometimes i wish i could have a photographic memory that i can remember all the places that matter to me, i guess for now, photos will do.

~~~

Siamese by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

Dakota resident by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

Blk 32 Dakota Crescent by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

R3:C1 by darryl.chiew, on Flickr

Crossroad by darryl.chiew, on Flickr
~~~​

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing, a small but really nice and quaint neighbourhood!

Really nice set of shots you have too :)

Sharing a shot I took and posted on my APAW a few weeks ago. Don't remember seeing that many empty flats and letter boxes then

Dakota Crescent Aug '14
by knowenoughhappy, on Flickr

Thanks for sharing, a small but really nice and quaint neighbourhood!

Really nice set of shots you have too :)

Sharing a shot I took and posted on my APAW a few weeks ago. Don't remember seeing that many empty flats and letter boxes then

Dakota Crescent Aug '14
by knowenoughhappy, on Flickr

Thanks for adding bro! Hopefully this will blossom into a sort of collective memory for some of us. :)

The empty letter boxes are from the row of low flats nearer to the Tian Kee & Co cafe.

Thanks for sharing this set of a place soon gone. Time and tide waits for no man.

Thanks for sharing this set of a place soon gone. Time and tide waits for no man.

Gladly Daoyin, this place has its charms, will be sad to see it lost.

Wow didn't know about this sad news until I came across yr thread. Such a quaint and peaceful feel this estate gives the few times I walked past it whilst otw to Old Airport Road food centre :bsmilie:
So retro the lift buttons panel! Never seen such before man.
Tks for sharing :)

Wow didn't know about this sad news until I came across yr thread. Such a quaint and peaceful feel this estate gives the few times I walked past it whilst otw to Old Airport Road food centre :bsmilie:
So retro the lift buttons panel! Never seen such before man.
Tks for sharing :)
Bro Zig hope u can also add to this thread with photos of this place. :)
Yeah the lift is a must visit. The architecture and structure of these buildings are very special if u get a chance to walk up one and I also tot the doors to the balcony are very interesting as well.

Love the "Crossroad".
A very interesting neighborhood; Thanks for sharing.
Hope I can make the time to visit it before end of 2016 -- and make my own documentation :).
Cheers.

Love the "Crossroad".
A very interesting neighborhood; Thanks for sharing.
Hope I can make the time to visit it before end of 2016 -- and make my own documentation :).
Cheers.
Looking forward to your documentation of this place. You have very lovely pictures in your blog. (-: