D90 "Job NR" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

akagi07

Apr 6, 2006
hi nikon users & D90 users,

anyone know meaning & resolution of mentioned error?

i encountered it when playing with bulb mode. seems like only more than 8-10s, upon releasing my shutter, this error appear & hang the sys for a while.

i'm not nikon user but its telling you that your picture is going through noise reduction(NR) process...the longer you hold your bulb or allow ur shutter to flip up :) the longer the noise reduction job is on :) if you want to turn it off just look through your manual book...and then find something like "long exposure noise reduction"...

"Job NR" refers to camera performing noise reduction to minimize hot pixels of pictures taken with long shutter time, more than 8 seconds shutter speed for D90 DSLR. This noise reduction is not related to usual noise reduction associated with high ISO setting in the camera.

This "Job NR" function may be turned on or off by user as mentioned in the user manual on page 67. :)

okok, thanks now I undertand its meaning.. I thought its some kind of error.

hi, back again,
don wish to open another new thread :)
anyone know what is the setting to offset the blinking part of the lcd screen in liveview when certain areas of the pic is too bright in playback?
its annoying.

hi, back again,
don wish to open another new thread :)
anyone know what is the setting to offset the blinking part of the lcd screen in liveview when certain areas of the pic is too bright in playback?
its annoying.

That's playback and not live view cos it isn't "LIVE"
You're refering to the Highlights function under Display Mode

Press MENU, click to the left and then up to select the top "[ > ] " (play) icon. You'll then see PLAYBACK MENU on the top of the rear LCD.
Select Display mode and uncheck Highlights

Last edited:
thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.