D800

Let's wait for e real spec first ... E current spec of d800 does not seem to replace d700 in every aspects.

snapcroc said:
4fps sounds a bit **** tbh. Action photographers might as well forget getting d800 right away. I blame the massive 36mp file buffering/processing. Its like taking some steps forward and a giant leap backwards.
I highly doubt 4fps is correct spec though. Unless the battery pack boosts it to 8-7fps which could be a bit too much to ask :O

If d700 can be boost to 8 from 5fps, it's not really too much...

I talked to one of the salesperson and the information I have gotten from him is that most likely Nikon will announce D800 in Jan 2012. They will continue to produce D700 first before the launch of D800. In fact, actually D90 still in production.

Let's wait for e real spec first ... E current spec of d800 does not seem to replace d700 in every aspects.

Ermmm, the D800 will replace the D700 irregardless of the specs.

Whether the D800 will replace your D700 in your bag is another matter all together.

4fps sounds a bit **** tbh. Action photographers might as well forget getting d800 right away. I blame the massive 36mp file buffering/processing. Its like taking some steps forward and a giant leap backwards.
I highly doubt 4fps is correct spec though. Unless the battery pack boosts it to 8-7fps which could be a bit too much to ask :O

It is obvious Nikon is going to go the 5Dm2 route with the D800. With the D700, they realized it cannibalized the sales of the D3. They will not make that mistake again. The D800 will be a FX high megapixel, but SLOW camera, much like what 5Dm2 is. For people who want fast, D3s or coming D4 is the one to go for. Pity.

aiyo...guys..regardless if it is to replace D700 a not, it is a pointless argument. At the end of the day, it is still a camera to take picture. That's that ;)

aiyo...guys..regardless if it is to replace D700 a not, it is a pointless argument. At the end of the day, it is still a camera to take picture. That's that ;)

Agree and disagree at the same time.

e.g For professional photographers, some really need the High FPS for sports.

"The D3X was announced on 01 July 2008, meaning I'd expect the D800 to be announced in the summer of 2009 and ship at the end of 2009."
"D800 to be announced in the summer of 2009 and ship at the end of 2009."
Quoted Kenrockwell..

The wait continues..lol

I'm waiting too....

Fezqu said:
rumor....

Well Digitalrev says they have one. I don't think they'll just spread a rumor considering they are a reliable company. Anyway, we won't really know till we see it.

Nikon D800 Specifications
Sensor size 36.0 x 23.9mm Full Frame FX format
Sensor type CMOS sensor
Sensor resolution 18 megapixels
ISO Sensitivity ISO 100 to ISO 12800 (Extendable to 102400)
Continuous Burst Speed 6fps (8fps in DX mode)
Focus System Multi-CAM 3500FX 51-point AF
Video Mode Full HD 1920x1080p (24, 25, 30fps) and 720p (up to 60fps) with Stereo sound & AF
LCD 3-inch (921k dots) VGA LCD

Finally the dream comes true !! :devil:

Nikon D800 Specifications
Sensor size 36.0 x 23.9mm Full Frame FX format
Sensor type CMOS sensor
Sensor resolution 18 megapixels
ISO Sensitivity ISO 100 to ISO 12800 (Extendable to 102400)
Continuous Burst Speed 6fps (8fps in DX mode)
Focus System Multi-CAM 3500FX 51-point AF
Video Mode Full HD 1920x1080p (24, 25, 30fps) and 720p (up to 60fps) with Stereo sound & AF
LCD 3-inch (921k dots) VGA LCD

Finally the dream comes true !! :devil:

hmmm not really that attractive .
except for those who like the video function.

I guess attractiveness is subjective...I would love to get it if the seling price of the body is btw 3k-3.5k. Hope to see D700 prices drop more now too!

Well Digitalrev says they have one. I don't think they'll just spread a rumor considering they are a reliable company. Anyway, we won't really know till we see it.

They did not exactly say that.... You have to read carefully.

It is awesome to those who are still using D300. Let me which I also hv some FX lens. :)