D800 for wedding photography

How so? Are you able to shoot at Full Resolution, zoom in to about 60% of the image and still make A2 prints? What about shooting for the exact ratio for magazine ads?

But if you are talking about Full HD video, I would agree but other than image making, for price, functionality and still being able to capture good quality video, I say that the D800 is the one that can do it all. Even for sports, I would say that it is capable of keeping up.

With the 12MP D700 I have printed A0 with no problems. I am sure a 22MP is fully capable of doing the same as well, even when zoomed in to 60%. Hell, one time I have even cropped to around 70% of a 12MP D700 image and printed A1 commercial posters and the picture came up sharp even when viewing close. A2? don't even need to talk about A2.

Last edited:
With the 12MP D700 I have printed A0 with no problems. I am sure a 22MP is fully capable of doing the same as well, even when zoomed in to 60%. Hell, one time I have even cropped to around 70% of a 12MP D700 image and printed A1 commercial posters and the picture came up sharp even when viewing close. A2? don't even need to talk about A2.

Then as you have already mentioned. Budget and ROI. I guess at the end of the day its up to people on how much they want to spend and the preferences they want to have.

After shooting for few months with D800, the result is good and sharp under controlled lighting in studio shoots or landscape travel photography. But Old School Fuji S5pro skin tone looks more natural

If you don't usually use crop, just reduce resolution, save disk space .. :)

x0tiq said:
If you don't usually use crop, just reduce resolution, save disk space .. :)

I think there are some number of photographers who habitually use the raw format.

I think there are some number of photographers who habitually use the raw format.
yaa ... provided they hv plenty supply of memory cards, hard drive and powerful desk / laptop ... :)
so tempting to buy 800 ... :(

Last edited:
x0tiq said:
yaa ... provided they hv plenty supply of memory cards, hard drive and powerful desk / laptop ... :)
so tempting to buy 800 ... :(

Back in 2004 I bought 1gb cf cards for more than $100
Now I can buy 32gb cards

6mp to 36mp = 6x
1gb to 32gb = 32x

daredevil123 said:
My first CF card cost me around $100 but it was a 8MB card... not GB but MB!

How many mp was ur cam then? Jpg I assume, how many shots?

saberlancer said:

That must have been the time when digital cameras first arrived at the scene. I remember when I got my Toshiba e310 PocketPC in 2002, my 32MB MMC card (cousin of the SD card) wasn't more than $50.

It was a 2MP Camera. There was no such thing as RAW. Can't remember how many shots now... The camera was this one... Kodak DC280 Review: Digital Photography Review

I had an older 1.3MP Olympus camera too, but that camera uses the now defunct SmartMedia flash cards.

Last edited:

:eek:

I seemed too young to understand cost of technology in those days :bsmilie:

All in all it's individual's preference of what is good for him and how it is beneficial to his preference. D800, D700, D600, D4,D3s all are good equipments as long as you know how to fully exploit its potential to your benefits. Believe TS has found his answer by searching for a D3s in BS section.

no forgetting a 2.1mp camera ( sony DSC-50 ) cost me $1300
congratz to TS for choosing D3s ... go crazy with it ... :)

Last edited:
All in all it's individual's preference of what is good for him and how it is beneficial to his preference. D800, D700, D600, D4,D3s all are good equipments as long as you know how to fully exploit its potential to your benefits. Believe TS has found his answer by searching for a D3s in BS section.

Think TS will like it. After exploring D600/D700/D800/D3S/D4 as FF options, I found the answer in D3S too :embrass:

Believed that you have also choosen D3S as your wedding tool ;p

Last edited:
If u r sux in composition, then get D800 . Higher mp is an advantage if you do a lot of cropping work.

avsquare said:
Think TS will like it. After exploring D600/D700/D800/D3S/D4 as FF options, I found the answer in D3S too :embrass:

After reading so much about D3S, also kena poison..... But it's way way way out of league for me..... So got to come back to earth.....

Bro in my dream is D3s. In reality is D700 lol