D80 shutter count

red_ryder

Jun 23, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys,

I bought a D80 when it was launched, can't even remember what year. I just checked the shutter count, and it was only 5000+! :eek:

I must have really under-utilized it. Lest you think I have a lot of cameras, this is my only DSLR.

With such a low shutter count, I guess I really shouldn't think of upgrading to a D5300 or D7100. Maybe if I went m4/3 or mirrorless I'd use it more?

Hi guys,

I bought a D80 when it was launched, can't even remember what year. I just checked the shutter count, and it was only 5000+! :eek:

I must have really under-utilized it. Lest you think I have a lot of cameras, this is my only DSLR.

With such a low shutter count, I guess I really shouldn't think of upgrading to a D5300 or D7100. Maybe if I went m4/3 or mirrorless I'd use it more?

Maybe you were a one shot one kill shooter. High SC doesn't mean you shoot a lot, it means you just recklessly fire a lot.

Your highest shutter count is likely your cell phone. So one way of deciding is to get a good cell phone.

Another point to think through is whether or not the weight and size of the D80 stopped you from bringing it out. And if m43 is good enough (IQ, focus response, etc). If so m43 is for you.

Third point is whether or not you value the output of your D80 that you'd rather carry it, need the flexibility of a Nikon dSLR (lenses, accessories). Then get the D7100.

Shutter count determines only the utility not the satisfaction of the camera. If I have a lens, for example, that captured a prized shot, then my ROI has been achieved. My most used lens is the kit lens, my prized lens is not.

Hope you get my point.