D80,pt04,sb600,285hv.How to work it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisairness

Jun 14, 2008
Need Help!
How to work a D80,pt04,sb600,285hv?
Can i use D80 on commander mode,with sb600 and a vivitar 285hv+ wireless receiver triggered with d80 flash?
Or D80+ wireless trigger ,sb600+wireless receiver and a 285hv+ wireless receiver triggered with wireless trigger?(does this mean i have to set e sb600 manually on the flash? and do i have to set to commander mode on the d80 or?)

Any pros out there can enlighten me?:)
Thanks !

think u cannot use a wireless trigger on the camera in conjunction with the nikon cls to control the sb600. pls correct me if i got it wrong.

the 2nd method seems to be the way. unless u use cls to control the sb600 and an optical slave on the vivitar?

unless u use cls to control the sb600 and an optical slave on the vivitar?

Yep,this is what i meant at the 1st option.but heard the optical slave on 285hv does not work well with cls(nikon cls +3rd party optical slave=bad ?)
What i am actually looking for is to use the setup with sb600 on ttl and also manual and a 285hv.

#1st choice :
D80 on commander mode,with sb600 and a vivitar 285hv+ wireless receiver triggered with d80 flash.

1.i can use sb600 on ttl and manual rite?
2.will nikon cls work flawlessly with 3rd party wireless receiver? or better to use the wireless trigger?

2nd choice:
D80+ wireless trigger ,sb600+wireless receiver and a 285hv+ wireless receiver, triggered with wireless trigger

1.i dont have to change settings on for d80 for the built in flash rite?
2.so sb600 is on manual only rite? cant use ttl?

noob and confused! haha

How to work a D80,pt04,sb600,285hv?
D80+ wireless trigger ,sb600+wireless receiver and a 285hv+ wireless receiver triggered with wireless trigger?(does this mean i have to set e sb600 manually on the flash?

D80 should be able to do CLS with Sb-600 with the built-in flash in commander mode.

SB600 can be use as remote flash... manual p.52 and do not set flash mode to AA/A.

I know sb600 can use a a remote flash.i want to use it together with the vivitar 285hv as a remote flash.

wireless receiver as in the pt04 receiver.

Sorry to confuse u guys!:)

I know sb600 can use a a remote flash.i want to use it together with the vivitar 285hv as a remote flash.

wireless receiver as in the pt04 receiver.

Sorry to confuse u guys!:)

so am i right to say that u want to use the d80 cls to control the sb600 and use the wireless trigger on the camera to trigger the vivitar as well?

Oh no,
Im figuring whether to :
1.Use d80 cls to trigger both flashes
OR
2.Use wireless trigger on camera to trigger both
:dunno:

so if i use the radio trigger, do i have to get a receiver for my sb600 too? and the sb600 has to be set manually right?

IC.Thanks bro! should have gotten another sb600 instead..still can control manually through my d80.save the hassle..

Status
Not open for further replies.