D70s fall in! How many of u got perfect focusing, how many got back focus?

How many of d70 buyers got back focus probs?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote wrongly! Wanted to choose backfocus, but hit the perfect focus instead...

Anyway, can add one more problem or not? - Auto WB not accurate too!!!
:bsmilie:

wont say perfect focus....just experienced slight BF on kit lens....other lenses are fine....not perfect but ok....

Sigma 18-50DC (a toy lens as pointed out by some), 50/1.8 have perfect focusing, absolutely tack accurate when shooting AF test target. Sigma 12-24 is within specs (difficult to say also, coz very WA), tamron 28-75 backfocuses a little bit at 28mm but not really noticeable in everyday shots. 75mm is inconsistent, sometimes a little BF, sometimes spot on. Talking about wide-open at 2.8, f4 and above seems to be better.

D70 is not yet calibrated. Serial 7001350.
No kit lens as i sold it off, cannot meet my requirements.

West_ray said:
yah wats a back focusing? can anyone enlighten those "un-enlightened" ones?

Back focusing is simply when the camera's actual focus point is behind the point you focused on. Classic example is a picture where you focus on the eye of a person, looks sharp in viewfinder, but turns out eyes are soft and ears are tack sharp. Hence its 'back' focusing

Tested with Kit lens and 50mm/f1.8, both OK.

But 70-300/f4 AF-D got problem. Anyone got similar problem? ie only BF with some of the lens? :think:

Can anyone help to enlighten if lens can also "calibrate".... :dunno:

skymsh said:
Tested with Kit lens and 50mm/f1.8, both OK.

But 70-300/f4 AF-D got problem. Anyone got similar problem? ie only BF with some of the lens? :think:

Can anyone help to enlighten if lens can also "calibrate".... :dunno:

yup, sometimes the lenses can also have focussing inaccuracies.

Hey how can I do a test? I see some of the members have done some sort of a ruler test. Where or how can I get that? Also the Auto WB prob how to test for it?

torchf4 said:
Hey how can I do a test? I see some of the members have done some sort of a ruler test. Where or how can I get that? Also the Auto WB prob how to test for it?

If you are happy with the results u r getting now, then no need to test. ;p

If got back focus problem, than focus on teh nose lor....than the eyes will be sharp lor. Rite?

Hi all.

I am not sure if my D70 need any calibration on BF or WB.
OR is it just me. Still a novices.

I am not very satisfied with picture coming out on D70 with Kit lens. Different settings etc... still not that happy. My previous E20 give better photo (in my opinion).

So here is the deal, any expert out there who can check my D70 and confirm whether I need or do not need recalibration? Will pay a token fee for the help.
Please PM me.

Waz said:
Hi all.

I am not sure if my D70 need any calibration on BF or WB.
OR is it just me. Still a novices.

I am not very satisfied with picture coming out on D70 with Kit lens. Different settings etc... still not that happy. My previous E20 give better photo (in my opinion).

So here is the deal, any expert out there who can check my D70 and confirm whether I need or do not need recalibration? Will pay a token fee for the help.
Please PM me.

Go ask Nikon Council to help you. Where to find them? Just do a search. :thumbsup:

Just did my ruler test with the kit lens after talking to sykestang. My definitely has a backfocus of about 1cm. So will probably send it in for calibration. :cry:

torchf4 said:
Just did my ruler test with the kit lens after talking to sykestang. My definitely has a backfocus of about 1cm. So will probably send it in for calibration. :cry:

hi jus curious to ask is your D70 S/n start wif 700XXXX? i check wif my fren n mine we dun have this problem ( tested with kit lens on ruler test ).

Snake said:
hi jus curious to ask is your D70 S/n start wif 700XXXX? i check wif my fren n mine we dun have this problem ( tested with kit lens on ruler test ).

Hi

Have not check yet.
Yes mine is 7009XXX.

But I did a shoot at Bird park today.
I set the ImageOptimizer to "sharper" and ISO slightly higher for better lighting....... definitely improved a lot. Could be me. But then will check using the ruler method later

Snake said:
Yes my is 700XXXX. Did a couple more ruler tests after I posted. Seems that it's not as bad as previously. Might be due to angle of my camera during earlier test. Anyway my shots at the Navy Open House came out alroght so think I'll wait awhile before sending it into Nikon to confirm.

torchf4 said:
Yes my is 700XXXX. Did a couple more ruler tests after I posted. Seems that it's not as bad as previously. Might be due to angle of my camera during earlier test. Anyway my shots at the Navy Open House came out alroght so think I'll wait awhile before sending it into Nikon to confirm.

ya is better to hv double confirm rather then wasting time sent to Nikon for service.. maybe sometime is our own human faulty.. wish u good luck :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.