D70s Advantages over Canon 20D

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmylh said:
Again I dont have any bad intentions what so ever.
Honestly I have decided my self to get D70s of course from budget point of view.

But my friend will lend his 17-40 f4 L, for a year, if I get 20D.

That what makes me in doubt again.

And I am known as a person that reaaaaally bad in making decision.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi immylh,

I kind of think that you have it sorted.
Get the D70. It will be yours and you will be happy with it.
You can grow with it and discover when you need other lens.

There is nothing wrong with the 20D (I love mine) but I would miss the lense if I had to give it back.
Therefore, the expense would be higher for me because, not only had I paid out more for the 20D body
but also I would just have to pay out for the same lens in the end.

If you get the D70 and get used to it, a good bit of the saving will contribute to buying a similar Nikon lens.

Hope this makes some help.

Cheers :)

i like 20D too as i used it before for wedding & sports event..
works really well.. :thumbsup:

but when i wanted to buy myself a DSLR.. i chose D70s instead... coz i got enough to invest in another lens & gonna buy a ultra wide lens soon..

so think wisely...

i dont side any C or N la.. just that i uses canon at work & nikon for my personal use. both systems works really well.. what matters is if u can bring the best out of ur equipment :)

jimmylh said:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: you guys are terrific.

You know......in Nikon forum.......ESPN is always the lead singer......like John Lenon in The Beatles.....Curt Corbain in Nirvana and Justin Timberlake in N'syn........the rest of us only qualify as back stage who echoes the Bye Bye Bye buy buy buy tune :bsmilie:

espn said:
Depending on the grounds/height you drop it on/from. I an assure you the D2X will take more abuse than the D70.

If it's a F5, the cement ground will probably break. There have been cases where the F5 is thrown at people and the person suffers fractures and the F5 is still happily snapping away.

WAH ESPN. who you throw your F5 at?

zhang3feng said:
i like 20D too as i used it before for wedding & sports event..
works really well.. :thumbsup:

but when i wanted to buy myself a DSLR.. i chose D70s instead... coz i got enough to invest in another lens & gonna buy a ultra wide lens soon..

so think wisely...

i dont side any C or N la.. just that i uses canon at work & nikon for my personal use. both systems works really well.. what matters is if u can bring the best out of ur equipment :)

I will second that !!!

As so often it is said,"it is not the camera...it is the person behind it".

It is also often said, "forget the body....spend on the lens"

This is Soooooo true.

Think of it this way.
You can have a 10000 megapixel body and a lousy lens....
What you get is 10000 megapixels of a lousy photo!

For general photography, a D70 will give you the same happiness as a 20D given the same lens.

If you want to do really fast stuff... the 20D will do it faster, like sports etc.

But if you put an equall quality lens on each camera and you know their differences with exposure;.... and you want to do general (bits of all things),
I don't think you will find enough difference to pay the extra.

Now for something completely different......

Why not look at the Olympus E-300 ???

Hey, I am.
I sell all of the leading brands in this price group. And bang for buck (I hate that term)
The Olympus E-300 is one damn good camera.

8 megapixel, anti dust guzzu (my own term), 4/3 digital lens from the ground up.

I am seriously thinking of buying one as a backup for my 20D.

Damn shame it wasn't out when I bought the 20D as I would have bought it instead.

Hope this is not too confusing the issue :)

Any tom dick and harry that goes up to his face and tells him that C is better than N w/o a valid reason :bsmilie:

TMC said:
Any tom dick and harry that goes up to his face and tells him that C is better than N w/o a valid reason :bsmilie:

how would you know.. unless....... you got thrown at by ESPN!! :bigeyes:

Hi all guys,

Please don't get me wrong with my post.

I own both D70 and 20D cameras (I am not saying that I am good with either).

All I am saying is that the Olympus E-300 (to me) is as good as either.

If I were honest.... I would say "better"... but I don't want a flame :bsmilie:

Actually, hey guys, flame me ! I am always opent to input.

What would be more interesting is if some one came up with something different from the 3.

Cheers yo all :) ... I am in a wrekless mood right now....flame me .... haha:bigeyes:

anka said:
WAH ESPN. who you throw your F5 at?
Read off certain forum(s)... a snatch thief tried to rob a guy of his F5, that guy just swung his F5 at that fella. Whammo... ;)

espn said:
Read off certain forum(s)... a snatch thief tried to rob a guy of his F5, that guy just swung his F5 at that fella. Whammo...

oh i got it wrong all along.. you got whampped by someone else F5?? :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

espn said:
Read off certain forum(s)... a snatch thief tried to rob a guy of his F5, that guy just swung his F5 at that fella. Whammo... ;)

eh, no hard feelings ya? just realised have been making fun of you

anyway OT to espn, i got DK-17m from CP already.. just left BL-1

Johnaturn said:
opps.... my previous post was directed to the replies in front but anyway...

''difference is the user"? come'on ... while it is true that whether pics turn out nice or not is determined by the user, an expert will also need a good body and lens.... u dun expect a pro sports shooter from the press to use a point and shoot to cover a big soccer match rite?
Yes and No. There was a thread somewhere where some gu posted that some guy got an award for a pic taken during a soccer match with a full manual camera.

There's also this pro who used to shoot with only 1 manual camera and 1 50mm lens

USM said:
Brother, I suggest that you better keep quiet before you get fire like machine guns. :bsmilie:
oo... got it liao.. here cannot ask 'sensitive' Q :D

Beaver21 said:
And the comment : ‘Wah.. so big .. I like. Can shoot me?’ ::bsmilie:

I can't get this comment out of my head :D :D :D

Threads merged into location of initial thread. Please do not cross-post. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.