D7000 users...fall in!!! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice read..
another newbie using the D7000 reporting..

Bro konspire is looking at d300s and d7000 only

heheh...u r right. lets focus on nikon dslr only but i think the sensors are made by sony right?

heheh...u r right. lets focus on nikon dslr only but i think the sensors are made by sony right?

Ya, i read somewhere it's using sony sensors

Konspire said:

Ya sensor made by Sony ....hahaha..

limmisha said:
Ya sensor made by Sony ....hahaha..

Japanese will some how shared little of their technology among themselves .

limmisha said:
Japanese will some how shared little of their technology among themselves .

Ok let's talk more abt d7k as tis is the d7k thread ...heeeee....

limmisha said:
Ok let's talk more abt d7k as tis is the d7k thread ...heeeee....

Oh I got a friend saw a set of d7k at 7day deal shop some time ago , not sure of the price ..

Not much point getting that animation thingy. I had a D60 before the 7000 and when I switched, I needed some time to get used to numbers. But really, all we use is mostly wide open for DOF and to let more light in, the sharpest aperture which is usually F8 for kit, or the landscape apertures

My previous body 5100 also have that animation thing... But more like filling up the space on the screen...

after using for a while this cam found that i have to press the info button whenever i want to view my settings on the lcd instead.
is there a way if i half-shutter, release it and the info page will come back on instead of having the need to press the button again?

nanochan1 said:
after using for a while this cam found that i have to press the info button whenever i want to view my settings on the lcd instead.
is there a way if i half-shutter, release it and the info page will come back on instead of having the need to press the button again?

Half press does exactly the opposite, it turns off the LCD. Actually, learn to read info thr the viewfinder. It gives you more quick info than your LCD screen.

In additional, keep looking at the LCD screen is what some photographer call chimping. Which is a little bad because it takes your eye away from the viewfinder, which results in missing shots or the "moment". That's why DSLR camera spent some much in designing the best ergonomic, flexible and easy to reach buttons so that photographer will spend more time in the viewfinder than in the LCD. There's a few advantage, firstly it lessen the problem of missing shot as stated before. 2ndly, it also conserve batteries as LCD consumes more power than everything else in a camera except built in flash.

Stormy08 said:
I have 10m of room space. Is the 16-35mm Ok? Thanks

For portraiture? You have to stand epic close to your subject you know. People recommend 75mm so that you can stand at a comfortable distance from your subject

Fudgecakes said:
For portraiture? You have to stand epic close to your subject you know. People recommend 75mm so that you can stand at a comfortable distance from your subject

Just imagine kit lens at 18 mm. And try to shoot portraits with it

u half-shutter the info will be on the top lcd ma.. so u can read it from there or look thru the viewfinder to see the info..

Fudgecakes said:

This also gives you much better bokeh since it has both a longer focal length and larger aperture, as well as flattens the background. 16mm might flatten the subject's features instead, which is hardly flattering.

Last edited:
pbear1973 said:
This also gives you much better bokeh since it has both a longer focal length and larger aperture, as well as flattens the background. 16mm might flatten the subject's features instead, which is hardly flattering.

Actually I think 16mm will make the subject have puffy cheeks haha

another newbie checking in... :)

just want to share bad experience reg. bally photo:
I bought a nikon d7000 from IT show last week. I didn't know that Bally Photo was the vendor until collection time. The package included an ICABI HD20 analog dry cabinet. I tried all the settings for a week, and the highest RH% that i can get is only 35% (very dry acc. to the meter). I tried calling them up and ask if i can get a replacement for the unit, they said accessories do not have warranty.
Now im stuck with an unusable dry cabinet and need to buy a new one... ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.