D7000 user...fall in!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The choice depds on yr purpose / objective of your photography.

Previously i was using 1855. I like the optical quality, but find the range limited, esp when I take pictures of landscape when i travel. I finally settled with 1685, as I normally take pictures at the wider end, i am satisfied with range 16- 85. I need 16 more than i need beyond 85.

From value of money perspective, its good to get the D7k kit, than to buy 18-105 lens separately.

The choice depds on yr purpose / objective of your photography.

Previously i was using 1855. I like the optical quality, but find the range limited, esp when I take pictures of landscape when i travel. I finally settled with 1685, as I normally take pictures at the wider end, i am satisfied with range 16- 85. I need 16 more than i need beyond 85.

From value of money perspective, its good to get the D7k kit, than to buy 18-105 lens separately.

16-85mm :thumbsup: other kit DX lens 18-55, 18-105, 18-200 don't come close at all :thumbsd:

Guys,

i believe you all refering to this right ?
Nikon AF-S VR 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED DX

Thanks again.

Yes i was refering to AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85 F3.5-5.6G ED VR.

thx samueltan99.

We do a group buy this week : P we can get a better deal.

The 18-105 is an excellent kit lens.. Pity it comes with plastic mount.. I got the d7000 kit and want to sell away the 18-105.. But m simply amaze at it's IQ and versatile... N the vr enable me to take stable videos.. So decided to keep it.

Hi im looking at body only too. lemme know if the group buy happens :)

Thanks tamkm and nautilus. In case the administrator / moderator prefers to keep the forum focused, if any poster is interested in body or kit group buy, you may also pm me your contacts before this Friday. If anyone knows any good deals, plse post or pm me. If administrator / moderator prefers to do group buy for us, its even better : )

so far how many interested in GB ?

i suggest whoever in GB list,get the full details and look for best price.
then we pm and compare price and free gifts.

thx.

Best price i found so far for body only is $1685 incl GST with freebies at a reputable shop.

Please do count me in if you guys are looking at group buy! I'm looking for kit set w/cash and would like to know the best price possible.

Me too.....

With or without freebies, the offer from one of the reputable shops as follows.

D7000 body - $1670
D 7000 kit - $1915

Freebies A - 8 gb lexar (or kingston) card, card reader, nikon bag and nikon tripod
Or Freebies B - Original Nikon Battery

By Cash Only. Minimum order quantity = 5 sets.

I will speak to a few more distributors and update again.

Last edited:
I'd like to get a D7K body-only. Anyone knows where can I get the best price? My preferred mode of payment would be using credit card installment. Anyone?

I am waiting for the quotation from some of the local reputable distributors now. I will share the info once I receive them. Then we will do a group buy. For those offers that are less competitive, I will just drop them.

Becos of the IT show, some distributors are only able to confirm the deal on Wed or thurs. I was advised the freebies this coming IT show may differ from the last IT show.

Benchmarked against B&H (US), it seems the body shld have potential to drop further than the kit.

Given the higher positioning of Nikon D7K vs the entry model Nikon D3100, i am curious how the distributors or Nikon differentiate the freebies vs the freebies they give for a entry Nikon D3100. How can the goodies be identical for both customer segments? For example If nikon d3100 buyer gets 8 gb card, the nikon d7k buyer shld be getting 16 gb card or a higher class 8 gb card.

Interested in group buy too! But how does it work? XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.