D7000 user...fall in!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my D7k kit at MS Color over the weekend, comes with 8g card, Nikon bag and card reader plus a tripod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Hellosteven (12/11/2010), place bought, price(body or with kit)
2. Adrianlhm (12/11/2010) 4:40, iPhoto, good price(with kit)
3. ultrazoom (12/11/2010) 7:00pm, place bought, price(body or with kit)
4. shakyhand76 (13/11/2010), bought at Orient Photo, (body only )
5. Princess Kate (13/11/2010) @ Gope Foto & Film (body only)
6. Gomobile (13/11/2010) 2pm Harvey Norman (KIT)
7. Gainsucker (13/11/2010) 7:30pm, iPhoto, very good price, body only
8. mysterio506 (D7000 D.O.B. 13/11/2010)
9.Redantckc (13/11/2010) 4pm, AlanPhoto, standard price, Kit (last set in shop)
10. NNB (13/11/2010) 10am, iPhoto, very good price, body only
11. Alpc (13/11/2010), TK foto, body only
12. tchua100168 (11/02/2011) body and 18-200 VRII lens

Hi all,

anyone have the same problem as me? I shoot in RAW and preview it in D7000, the pictures looks properly exposed and the right WB.
However when I open in cs5, the pictures are very under-exposed and have the tweak the temperature.

I had already update CS5 version to the latest

Anyone open D7000 Nef file with CS5 ? Yours pictures looks ok ?

just found a thread : http://forums.adobe.com/message/3367537

"Histograms don't match (In camera or Nx2) and pictures are not as they were shot when loaded with ACR 6.3 or Lightroom 3.3
They end up Darker and Colorless."

I think we need to disable "Active D-Lighting" for shooting RAW/NEF if we want to have accurate reading in LR/CS5 ?

Last edited:
Got my D7k body with 16-85mm at J3:16, free 8G SD and bag. No hot pixels, no focusing issues :)

I m waiting for IT show 10 - 12 March, hopefully i can get a good deal then :)

hey all, just wanna ask the kit lens you guys bought with the camera is 18-55 or 18-105?? how are the nikon kit lens? are they decent?

hey all, just wanna ask the kit lens you guys bought with the camera is 18-55 or 18-105?? how are the nikon kit lens? are they decent?

The kit lens is 18-105mm. Actually the kit lens is pretty good.. I'm still using it at the moment to get more experience before i acquire other lenses.

The kit lens is 18-105mm. Actually the kit lens is pretty good.. I'm still using it at the moment to get more experience before i acquire other lenses.

18-105mm is a entry level lens with long reach and less than ideal IQ..... http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18-105mm.htm

Even the 18-55mm VR has a better IQ than this one

just curious.. any d7000 users here experienced back focusing issues or 'soft' images using this camera? seems to be alot of complains on other forums like dpreview.

Why is tat so?

Cos at IT show thet sell at RRP Price so you have to pay at $2299 for the Kit package with freebie which is no worth :)

1) Choices
There are many smaller shops who didnt participate in the IT show, they shld offer more competitive deals than the big boys at the IT show. They are also more flexible to bundle other products with the deal.

2) Cost Savings
These smaller shops can take advantage of the cost savings from no participation at the show and transfer the savings in better pricing, with better discount to buyers like us. If the smaller shop is selling at the same price as the big boy, i would rather buy from the big boy then.

3) Timing
These shops should recognise March is the best time among the other IT shows to capture the market share, right from the start in the beginning of the year. D7k is for enthusiast, ppl who are in this segment shld be eyeing the product for a long time since the launch.

4) Product
Different from Nikon d3k, the market for d7k is for photography enthusiast. Many enthusiasts shld already own a camera. Nikon is becoming more competitive with this offering d7k. The key is the resellers, are they going to be competitive?

For D7k, the good sellers shld package a better body deal, instead of only a better kit deal to lure the target segment which is existing owners to change body. The price of the body shld drop further than the current price to pull ppl who already own camera. It shld be a price war for D7k for the sellers. Whoever offers the best price captures the intended market share !!

My 2 cents opinion. :cool:

Last edited:
Well Say :)

Wewyn. Just got one last Month.

Just got my D7000 with kit lens, UV filter, bag, and a dry box at Challenger last Saturday for $2050 =D

This might be a dumb question but i'm new to battery grips...
Am i able to use the grip if i were to use just one battery attach (on the the detachable grip itself) or do i have to get a spare batt in order for the grip to work??

cause i'm planning on getting a d7k next week along with a grip if i'm able to find one...

Guys,
Need help...
Thinking to buy D7K soon,but read in some threads that better to buy body only and match with other lense,is it true ?
if true i do not mind to buy other lense instead of kit lense.

and what is your recommendation ? thinking to get 18mm - <200mm lense.

thx.

not necessary, the 18-105mm is itself an excellent lens thats suitable for many situations, the 18-200 offers greater focal lengths and an added VR, so if those 2 factors aren't of paramount importance t you, get the kit lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.