D7000 user...fall in!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAMUELS said:
not sure if it will help you, my little trick is to press the OK button, and then the focus point flies right smack into the centre, and from there i move to where i need it to be.

I never remembered to do that. I still end up spamming that dial in the end haha

Hi all,

Am a relatively new user of D7k, about 3weeks thus far.
Have tried the camera quite a fair bit with my 35mm f1.8. I've got to say, I'm not terribly happy with the results.
1) In bright daylight, I have under exposed shots and have to compensate for exposure up to +3 at times
e.g. At 1/1250 and f2.2, I still have to compensate quite a fair bit
This wasn't the case with my D5000

2) Focusing seems to be an issue too. Either the subject turns up soft, or at most times, the subject is not sharp but sthg else is.

Just wanted to check if anyone had any issues here, as I've checked through this thread & the Nikon forum, but seemingly not finding others with these issues.

Hi all,

Am a relatively new user of D7k, about 3weeks thus far.
Have tried the camera quite a fair bit with my 35mm f1.8. I've got to say, I'm not terribly happy with the results.
1) In bright daylight, I have under exposed shots and have to compensate for exposure up to +3 at times
e.g. At 1/1250 and f2.2, I still have to compensate quite a fair bit
This wasn't the case with my D5000

2) Focusing seems to be an issue too. Either the subject turns up soft, or at most times, the subject is not sharp but sthg else is.

Just wanted to check if anyone had any issues here, as I've checked through this thread & the Nikon forum, but seemingly not finding others with these issues.

post a problem pic wiht exif information pl.

Hi Small Pig,

Will attempt to post the pic, still new to using this forum. The shot here is an attempt to try out what's been going wrong with the camera or lens. Used my D5000 in the same tryout.

D7000VsD5000

Date Dec 7, 2011 3:11:03 AM
Width 2448
Height 3696
File Size 1761223
Camera NIKON CORPORATION
Model NIKON D7000
ISO 100
Exposure 1/1250 sec
Aperture 2.2
Focal Length 35mm
Flash Used false
Orientation 6
White Balance 0
Metering Mode 5
Exposure Program 1
Exposure Bias 1.3333334
Date and Time (Original) 2011:12:07 11:11:03

Last edited:
Sigh, I am really a noob at using this forum. Let me figure out how to properly upload images. Right now, am hosting them on picasaweb.

Just want to share, brought my Nikon D7k in NSC yesterday because my viewfinder (maybe the focusing mirror) have visible dust... they've clean it without fees maybe because my D7k is still under warranty... The good thing there's almost no queue, I was only behind by three persons, in no time I got my D7k with almost brand new viewfinder, kudos to NSC!

i hv bought the D7000 for awhile but seldom using >>>
currently hv a prime 35mm 1.8G
planning to invest a wide angle lens any good advise ??

sigma 10-20 also not bad =)

how about 17-35 nikon ???
anyway wats the used $ for the sigma 10-20 and tokina 11-16

get the tokina 11-16 you won't regret it..
here's a sample photo.

1hxpuf.jpg

Hi I am new bee. Happy to Join d7000 group . Yesterday bought JB Angsana plaza Johan photo level 4. Price kit Rm3900. I need advice to buy Afs 35 mm 1.8 Nikon lens in sg.
Thanks

Nikon 10-24. Bought one and never regretted it. :D

or maybe u can post the link to ur photo on picasaweb..

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. Apparently relatively new users to the forum aren't allowed to post links/ URLs. I tried to attach it to my post, but wasn't able to.
Will see if I figure sthg out.

pbear1973 said:
Nikon 10-24. Bought one and never regretted it. :D

how much is this lens ?

Looking to buy a telephoto zoom. Was considering the Nikon AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 G IF-ED VR. After some "goggling" it seems the Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD SP AF is equally good. Any comments from users? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.