D7000 user...fall in!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called to register my details with them on 1 Aug 2011 (bought my D7000 on 31 July 2011). They have not called me for the collection or updates yet.
I bought D7000 at 23th July and went to NSC to collect the lens at 25th July but no stock. They told me it will be restock in one-two weeks. But till now no one contact one for delivering.

Free 50 mm lens? When was this promotion?
I got my D7000 last Sunday; was not aware of this.

Thanks.
Looks like I missed a good deal :(

SkimMilk said:
hahaha... at first i didnt have any confidence, but since i've been using lenspen on the filters / lenses, i'm quite comfortable with it. Actually, its just like the lenspen, just that it's got a smaller tip.
I'm trying to do an MO for the swabs but it's still pending Mod approval. Hopefully they can approve it and I can generate enough interest to get it in.

Haha, I do confidently use the lenspen to clean my lenses. But the sensor seems soo intimidating. Heh. The sensorkler tip is the same as the lens pen tip ?

NigelSeah77 said:
Haha, I do confidently use the lenspen to clean my lenses. But the sensor seems soo intimidating. Heh. The sensorkler tip is the same as the lens pen tip ?

Ya, material n everything looks the same, juz smaller. N we'r cleaning the low pass filter btw, not the sensor. ;)

Hi guys, need to check on 50f1.8D lens which I collect from NSP today afternoon. When I turn the aperture ring to f1.8, the ring will click 2 times in order to be in position. Is this normal, NSP told me is normal as it's design in such way when I called them just now.

Yeah, like what Cowseye mentioned. You need to read up more on Aperture and DOF. Plus, the 35 1.8 can be a pretty "soft" lens if it focused on your wife and youngest daughter specifically. I encountered this problem when i had taken a few photos of friends sitting around a table. Stopping it down with rectify this. Go and experiment with the different f stops. :cool:

Hi bro, Thank you for your advise. I will definitely try until it works!! Thanks!!

I called to register my details with them on 1 Aug 2011 (bought my D7000 on 31 July 2011). They have not called me for the collection or updates yet.

Update: I've rec'd a call from NSC saying I can go and collect the free lens already :)
Wed & Thurs - by 7pm
Other working days - by 5:30pm

Update: I've rec'd a call from NSC saying I can go and collect the free lens already :)
Wed & Thurs - by 7pm
Other working days - by 5:30pm
Still no one call me. Didn't they provide delivery service?

Hi all,

I bought my D7000 in May, but only posting now because I was lurking around to get a feel of the forum, and most of all to learn from the many experts here. This is my first DSLR, so I'm really still a noob.

I brought the D7000 on my road trip to Netherlands, Belgium and Norway, and it's really a wonderful camera. I'm very impressed especially with its low-light performance, having previously only been using compacts. :)

Don't know if it's appropriate to do this here, but I'd like to just share some of the satisfaction I've gotten out of this fine camera. Feel free to criticize (the gallery is FULL of basic errors, like over-exposure, under-exposure, poor composition, etc), but have some mercy ya. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctky1973

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm new to Nikon. have the D7000 with 1685 for few months. I like it:)

waiting for my sigm 70-200 os to come. Hope it compat to D7000

Hi all,

I bought my D7000 in May, but only posting now because I was lurking around to get a feel of the forum, and most of all to learn from the many experts here. This is my first DSLR, so I'm really still a noob.

I brought the D7000 on my road trip to Netherlands, Belgium and Norway, and it's really a wonderful camera. I'm very impressed especially with its low-light performance, having previously only been using compacts. :)

Don't know if it's appropriate to do this here, but I'd like to just share some of the satisfaction I've gotten out of this fine camera. Feel free to criticize (the gallery is FULL of basic errors, like over-exposure, under-exposure, poor composition, etc), but have some mercy ya. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctky1973

Cheers!

First of all, welcome to the D7000 family =D We always get new members every week

I looked at the first page of your gallery, and there's one major problem I noticed. In almost every photo I see, there's an element within that distracts the viewer's attention from the main focus. Eg. Chinatown by night, the photo with a crowd watching a show, I really wanna saw off the red pillar at the right. As for Singapore for Night Owls, be careful of brightly lit areas where they shouldn't be. Bright spots attract attention easily. It's human nature.
Just my 2 cents, whatever 2 cents mean =D

Oh and be careful not to rely too much on your DSLR. It's the photographer that matters =D I've seen numerous juniors in my school who CMI without a DSLR

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm new to Nikon. have the D7000 with 1685 for few months. I like it:)

waiting for my sigm 70-200 os to come. Hope it compat to D7000

is compatible. have that combo. love it. :)
just make sure your version doesn't have FF/BF problems.

First of all, welcome to the D7000 family =D We always get new members every week

I looked at the first page of your gallery, and there's one major problem I noticed. In almost every photo I see, there's an element within that distracts the viewer's attention from the main focus. Eg. Chinatown by night, the photo with a crowd watching a show, I really wanna saw off the red pillar at the right. As for Singapore for Night Owls, be careful of brightly lit areas where they shouldn't be. Bright spots attract attention easily. It's human nature.
Just my 2 cents, whatever 2 cents mean =D

Oh and be careful not to rely too much on your DSLR. It's the photographer that matters =D I've seen numerous juniors in my school who CMI without a DSLR

Thanks Zhijie! Appreciate your comments very much, and indeed my wife complains about exactly the same things in my pictures. Stray heads, stray pillars, etc. :p

The bright spots were a major problem. I'm thinking an ND-filter might help? I'll also experiment cranking down the aperture and ISO (I think I left the ISO a bit high). I had major problems taking a shot of the traffic in chinatown because there are many bright lights in that area. I'll be most happy to learn how the folks here deal with problems like that..

Agreed on the camera! One of my personal challenges is to take beautiful shots with my iPhone. :)

pbear1973 said:
Thanks Zhijie! Appreciate your comments very much, and indeed my wife complains about exactly the same things in my pictures. Stray heads, stray pillars, etc. :p

The bright spots were a major problem. I'm thinking an ND-filter might help? I'll also experiment cranking down the aperture and ISO (I think I left the ISO a bit high). I had major problems taking a shot of the traffic in chinatown because there are many bright lights in that area. I'll be most happy to learn how the folks here deal with problems like that..

Agreed on the camera! One of my personal challenges is to take beautiful shots with my iPhone. :)

A neutral density filter actually reduces the amount of light entering the entire lens surface, so it doesn't changes a thing. With the same settings, you'll get a photo with the brightly lit area correctly exposed, while the correctly exposed areas darkened. To counter that, you expose longer. So now the darkened areas are correctly exposed again, but the bright area is also bright again

Cowseye said:
It's not the first time they play this stun. Check the last food & electronics fair. What was given was a Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-F6.3.

Ouch... Not good then
Read the fine print

A neutral density filter actually reduces the amount of light entering the entire lens surface, so it doesn't changes a thing. With the same settings, you'll get a photo with the brightly lit area correctly exposed, while the correctly exposed areas darkened. To counter that, you expose longer. So now the darkened areas are correctly exposed again, but the bright area is also bright again

Ahhh... :(

The bright lights are quite a pain. I wanted to catch the streaks of car lights so I left my shutter open for 2 seconds, and that caused the lights to over-expose. I guess a combination of cranking down the ISO, using the smallest aperture and setting maybe -2 ev will help.

When u turn on the camera for the first time, u will b required to set the date / time. This does not mean that it has not been used before. If u take out the battery for a certain time span, the settings will reset.

the internal clock battery lasts for months if i recall reading it before on the manual.

it's fair to say that if you had to set the clock before testing, it's a good sign that it's 0 shutter count / fresh set. I don't think a store would have a d7000 unit sitting in their storeroom for months

pbear1973 said:
Ahhh... :(

The bright lights are quite a pain. I wanted to catch the streaks of car lights so I left my shutter open for 2 seconds, and that caused the lights to over-expose. I guess a combination of cranking down the ISO, using the smallest aperture and setting maybe -2 ev will help.

Well the ev thing is actually exposure compensation. You turn it down, you'll get darker images, just like digital cameras. But the digital cameras do this without you knowing. For the DSLR, it just changes the reading in the lightmeter, which in turn changes the shutter speed, ISO and Aperture. Not much of a difference than setting yourself. The only way I can think of is to Photoshop it, compose your image such that it won't be shown, or if you want something more exciting, saw off the light source =D I usually use M mode to remind myself of the control I have. My friend who uses P mode always complains about blur images, but comes to his senses when I told him "increase shutter speed". Of coz, use some other modes like A or S if you don't have the time you need to set, like in events when the lights suddenly switch off

Status
Not open for further replies.