D7000 Discussion Thread III

Hi guys

Sorry if i am asking stupid questions

I am planning to Get the D7000 as a Replacement model for my D60 which i have shoot in it for 2 years now since my mom pass it to me 2 years ago and its The camera is about 4 years old currently lol

will it be able to work with AF-S Lenses and SB-600 Speedlight

thanks in advance

Hi guys

I am planning to Get the D7000 as a Replacement model for my D60 which i have shoot in it for 2 years now since my mom pass it to me 2 years ago and its The camera is about 4 years old currently lol

thanks in advance

It will.

Color reproduction is really a matter of preference, and a person's personal taste can change too. When I started out in digital photography with a D40x, I love saturated colors, but along the way, my tastes change, and when I look at the photos I took with my D40x, I find it too saturated. Today, I want skin tones to be as they really are... and I find with my D300, it has a bit more reds and I normally have to slightly desaturate the red.

As many have mentioned, JPEG images in the camera can be tweaked with the settings available... so just do some tweaking till you get the desired results you like. For me, I shoot in RAW and tweak in post-processing... and all my pics today go through some minor post-processing at least.

I asked a pro photog some years back what camera he used in his shots because I like the colors... and his answer to me is that it does not matter which camera because the colors he produced in his pics is from post-processing.

To me, colors straight out of the camera is not so much a concern because they can be tweaked in post processing... but the real issues that affect capturing a shot and the ability to post process the shot properly is important - e.g. AF speed and accurarcy, dynamic range.

This is provided that the photographer has lots of time to process his hundreds of photos for his project. If client needs the pics to be delivered immediately or the next day after the event, then liao lor.

Last edited:
TheChef said:
This is provided that the photographer has lots of time to process his hundreds of photos for his project. If client needs the pics to be delivered immediately or the next day after the event, then liao lor.

Most of the time, this type of pro photographer don't do post process by themselves, they usually have a back end guy or gal to support them.

For me I use picas, "I am feeling lucky" function....

Hi guys

thanks in advance

me also upgraded from d60 recently. :)

hi really hope some shifu out there can tell us how this combination perform....(thinking of getting a wide angle lens to my collection...but with limited budget) , have seen some photos taken with this Tokina 11-16 f2.8 ... very impressed. Anyway still need some advice from the experts:)

Same here, would like to hear if anyone has D7000 and Tokina 11-16 lens combo, how it works ?
Planning to buy D7000 and that tokina would be only NON nikon lens i use (only because of my budget, and i guess this is best value for money for wide angle)

the Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 is surprisingly a very good lens considering its size, large fixed F2.8 f-stop and the extreme WA coverage, it is even better than Nikon's own DX Super WA zoom lens 12-24mm F4, more compact too. How Tokina did it really puzzles many. D7k's higher MP and resolution takes even better advantage of this optical quality produced by the tokina lens.

Most of the time, this type of pro photographer don't do post process by themselves, they usually have a back end guy or gal to support them.

For me I use picas, "I am feeling lucky" function....

Hi This is a interesrting function. All the time I read this "Iam feeling lucky" I do not dare to click on it. i thought it is a gambling link to other web site. Today I would learn something new. Could you tell me what the function really do for you. I know some function of the Picasa.

Thank you.
:embrass:

hi really hope some shifu out there can tell us how this combination perform....(thinking of getting a wide angle lens to my collection...but with limited budget) , have seen some photos taken with this Tokina 11-16 f2.8 ... very impressed. Anyway still need some advice from the experts:)

Taken with 11-16 with D7000. :D

92749997.jpg

street photography...taken using D7000 and 55-200mm

Lovely faces
5335238729_ca7057e95a_z.jpg

Happiness in her face
5335849736_8b3399a54a_z.jpg

Love without madness
5335855124_d921803cc3_z.jpg

Ice cream lover
5335858918_9896eaa803_z.jpg

Holding Hands: a sign of love
5335847116_4a11fc3a3f_z.jpg

Just came back from SLS. Stumbled on this shop Vision1 & saw in the window the D7000 body only for sale. The golden box looks sooo tempting too ;p Sales staff say local set & offered special price of $1,599. Good price & nearly parted with my money lucky managed to resist buying on impulse & will wait out.

Anyone bought the body only package yet or is it from a kit ??

Last edited:
Just came back from SLS. Stumbled on this shop Vision1 & saw in the window the D7000 body only for sale. The golden box looks sooo tempting too ;p Sales staff say local set & offered special price of $1,599. Good price & nearly parted with my money lucky managed to resist buying on impulse & will wait out.

Hi is the Vision1 offered special price of $1,599 incl gst? If not it shd be $1712, the iPhoto still the cheapest around for the body

the salesperson never mention about the GST(b4 or after?)?

usually reputable shops will make it clear on the spot. there is only 1 or 2 shops in sls where u can buy from. else, high chance to get chop.

Yes bros, SLS, have to be on guard :) Never asked, most likely must add gst, forgot this. Thing that attracted me was seeing golden box ha ha , meaning this is a standalone camera body only unit or it's taken from a kit set (usually kit set have white box)? Have not heard from anyone here that the body only package is available now:think:

Last edited:
Hello all D7000 users,

May i know if Nikon has resolve the hot pixel issues?

Thinking of getting a unit, but has been holding back due the hot pixel matter. :confused:

Hello all D7000 users,

May i know if Nikon has resolve the hot pixel issues?

Thinking of getting a unit, but has been holding back due the hot pixel matter. :confused:

The patch was released before christmas to resolve it. You are abit behind time...