D7000 autofocus issue

bighead

Mar 26, 2006
Hi all,

I have a problem with the autofocus on my d7000. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago but recently when I brought it out for a shoot, the AF just don't work. I had tried with 5 different lenses and still doesnt work. Any other methods to try b4 I bring down to NSC ?

Thxs.

It may be silly but did u accidentally turn the AF/MF switch on the bottom left side of lens mount to MF?

Nope. It was on AF and lens were on A.

make sure:

The lens is fully attached, or is making good contact or check if the contacts are dirty...
The "AF fine tune is off" if you didn't fine tune your lens (just try this, i'm not sure with this)
or reset you camera to factory setting (it will erase all your custom settings etc.)...

Are all the lenses AFS lenses? If you have the old type AF (with screw slot) lens, please try it. If your cam can AF on the old AF lens, then it likely the contacts get dirty. Otherwise, either the AF/MF lever was not in place or need to send to NSC already.

some are AFD, some are AFS. I don't know what happen, but after days of continuous trying, I decided to borrow a lens from my fren and try on my cam. The AF works. Subsequently, all my personal lenses work again miraculously. I brought it down to NSC and they say they cannot find out the problem too. Having a dilemma now as to if I shld get a backup body for my assignments, in case one don't work. Read online and realised I am not alone in this either.

Thxs everyone for their help.

some are AFD, some are AFS. I don't know what happen, but after days of continuous trying, I decided to borrow a lens from my fren and try on my cam. The AF works. Subsequently, all my personal lenses work again miraculously. I brought it down to NSC and they say they cannot find out the problem too. Having a dilemma now as to if I shld get a backup body for my assignments, in case one don't work. Read online and realised I am not alone in this either.

Thxs everyone for their help.

Lol well for assignments, you should already have a backup body Even if this is working fine..:)

Last edited: