D700 vs D7000 ISO 6400

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool...come out kopi to talk on cam stuf + car stuff to poison each other more :D

Np.. one day :)
BTW, here is my ride.. snap by my best friend
Mazlan.jpg

Somebody wants to convince themselves to buy D7000 by showing D7000 is better than D700 at high ISO performance?
Already failed to beat D300s, now want to jump over to challenge D700. :nono:

Seems to me some owners of higher range models feel "threatened" that their bragging rights are diminished with the debut of the D7000 & become defensive. I think there's no need to give impressions of whats superior in comparison, of putting the new model down/in its place. To me all Nikons equipment are great, serving people of different means & purposes. And all technological advances are to be welcomed. Just my 2 cents :)

I feel the same. Lolx, alot of 300s and D700 supporters here. ;)

I am 300s user, and I can openly say with no reservations that the D7k owns (beats, or pwns..) the D300s in high ISO noise performance as well as video. People who thinks otherwise probably have some serious issues with inferiority complex.

I have tried the D7k, and its noise performance at 6400 is very very close to ISO 6400 on a D3. Extremely good.

The thing is, does it matter? When you bought your camera, you bought it because it met your needs at that point in time. So what if a better cheaper camera came out since then? Have your needs changed? If your needs have changed, all the better, because you have a cheaper option now. If your needs have not changed, it means your current camera is still good enough for what you shoot. So what is the problem here?

Learn to be content with what you have. And have confidence that high ISO noise performance do not determine if your pictures are good or bad. You do.

Look at the old film days... have you see ISO3200 film? I used it once in my life, and it is terribly terribly noisy...., a lot worse than the D100 or D70.

For goodness sakes, focus on taking pictures... Owning a DSLR is not about being hao lian about who has the best or most Tok-Gong camera. In the end the pictures speaks for themselves. Having the biggest, and bestest camera don't mean jack squat if your pictures suck eggs.

Last edited:
I am 300s user, and I can openly say with no reservations that the D7k owns (beats, or pwns..) the D300s in high ISO noise performance. People who thinks otherwise probably have some serious issues with inferiority complex.

I have tried the D7k, and its noise performance at 6400 is very very close to ISO 6400 on a D3. Extremely good.

The thing is, does it matter? When you bought your camera, you bought it because it met your needs at that point in time. So what if a better cheaper camera came out since then? Have your needs changed? If your needs have changed, all the better, because you have a cheaper option now. If your needs have not changed, it means your current camera is still good enough for what you shoot. So what is the problem here?

Learn to be content with what you have. And have confidence that high ISO noise performance do not determine if your pictures are good or bad. You do.

Look at the old film days... have you see ISO3200 film? I used it once in my life, and it is terribly terribly noisy...., a lot worse than the D100 or D70.

For goodness sakes, focus on taking pictures... Owning a DSLR is not about being hao lian about who has the best or most Tok-Gong camera. In the end the pictures speaks for themselves. Having the biggest, and bestest camera don't mean jack squat if your pictures suck eggs.

very well said...

Soon another better camera will come out, and these discussions will never end. it's good to have comparisons among the cameras in the market now, but in the end, it boils down to being happy taking photos ;)

I am 300s user, and I can openly say with no reservations that the D7k owns (beats, or pwns..) the D300s in high ISO noise performance as well as video. People who thinks otherwise probably have some serious issues with inferiority complex.

So, buy camera with good ISO owns (beats, or pwns..)?
Next time, when buy camera.. don't look on other spec.. just go for high ISO and confirm it will
beats down all the rest of the camera?

Are you kidding me?

So now.. they jump to D3 since they can't beat D700 ?
Than, D3S... than D3X ??

Last edited:

Well said. I used D700 and D7000, comparing them from personal experience. There is still a slight gap when you do a crop 100%, D700 is still better. If you comparing a 16mp vs 12mp small print, their output are almost the same. Next, I compared with my friend D300s, D7000 indeed perform better. Other than the AF & ergonomic that can win a D7000, all other aspect lose badly. Nevertheless, we have many user refused to accept facts and well let them be as I also believe camera is not everything. You need skills when come to photography. ;)

Next time, when buy camera.. don't look on other spec.. just go for high ISO and confirm it will

Are you kidding me?

Than, D3S... than D3X ??

I encourage you to read my entire post carefully to understand what I am really saying... ;)

If not, you just might make yourself look less smart than you really are.

Last edited:

I haven't tried D7000 yet, but after reading your statement, I just wonder what have Nikon done on D7000 (DX body), to boost the noise performance on almost the same level with D3 (pro FX body) in ISO 6400.

Higher Noise Reduction, I think ? :think:

Well said. I used D700 and D7000, comparing them from personal experience. There is still a slight gap when you do a crop 100%, D700 is still better. If you comparing a 16mp vs 12mp small print, their output are almost the same. Next, I compared with my friend D300s, D7000 indeed perform better. Other than the AF & ergonomic that can win a D7000, all other aspect lose badly. Nevertheless, we have many user refused to accept facts and well let them be as I also believe camera is not everything. You need skills when come to photography. ;)

I find this is genuine answer :thumbsup:

Are you kidding me?

Than, D3S... than D3X ??

You see why ISO is important. Understand that when you need the sharpness(dof) across the whole photo, certain aperture will produce that and that differ from len to len. But as a general rule, bigger f-number, better dof. When you need that type of composition and are limited by iso, you will understand how important ISO performance play its part here. Well, having said that, do read up more on photography to have better understanding.

Last edited:
I haven't tried D7000 yet, but after reading your statement, I just wonder what have Nikon done on D7000 (DX body), to boost the noise performance on almost the same level with D3 (pro FX body) in ISO 6400.

Not sure, but some sites reported that the D7000 picture is not as sharp.
Some ppl saying due to high megapixels pump in to DX censor..
Some say maybe due to xxx xxx..

Some say.. it is sharp...
But I think, overall D7000 is good camera.

I thot it was smaller pixel pitch that resulted in smaller noise speck...finer grains.
Higher NR will lose quite alot of detail...imagine trying to fake a ISO 6400 on D70:bsmilie:
It shouldn't be just simply NR...

It is a new generation sensor. Very efficient photo sensors with good enough gain. That is also why you see how the D7k sensor now is on base ISO 100 instead of 200.

People need to understand technology will still improve. Especially for CMOS sensor, which is practically a semiconductor (like your computer intel chip). Moore's law in effect. Newer will always be better than older.

You see why ISO is important. Understand that when you need the sharpness(dof) across the whole photo, certain aperture will produce that and that differ from len to len. But as a general rule, bigger f-number, better dof. When you need that type of composition and are limited by iso, you will understand how important ISO performance play its part here. Well, having said that, do read up more on photography to have better understanding.

I saw the post on the web even before it launch here.
Of coz I know abt ISO.. omg

They way you all reply here.. ISO is everything to owned all camera :bigeyes:
If you think ISO is the way to move, ya.. kind of agree on that.

But, I don't think it will owned D700.
This is the topic rite.. unless, I miss understand the topic :dunno:

Can't wait to see the new technology being implement on FF sensor. By then, we will see FX leading the DX by alot when that happen. Rumoured that next year Nikon will be focusing on FX. So if you are not rushing to upgrade, can hold your horse and wait for it to happen.

Can't wait to see the new technology being implement on FF sensor. By then, we will see FX leading the DX by alot when that happen. Rumoured that next year Nikon will be focusing on FX. So if you are not rushing to upgrade, can hold your horse and wait for it to happen.

Ya.. so I will wait :bsmilie:

Not sure, but some sites reported that the D7000 picture is not as sharp.
Some ppl saying due to high megapixels pump in to DX censor..
Some say maybe due to xxx xxx..

Some say.. it is sharp...
But I think, overall D7000 is good camera.

It is sharp. I have tried it myself. And it is a very very good camera for the money.

This is a picture I took using D7000 with the AF-S 35/1.4G, SOOC with no PP, just a slight resize. in-camera processing set to default. Shot at ISO 1000.

Sharp or not. you decide. Noisy or not, you decide.

I saw the post on the web even before it launch here.
Of coz I know abt ISO.. omg

They way you all reply here.. ISO is everything to owned all camera :bigeyes:
If you think ISO is the way to move, ya.. kind of agree on that.

But, I don't think it will owned D700.
This is the topic rite.. unless, I miss understand the topic :dunno:

Did I ever say that?

Like I say just now, you need to read my previous post carefully and understand what I was saying before you make a fool of yourself.

Last edited:
Stop pointed to me you fool.. You got problem with me?

I give up. Are you quite weak with English? Seems like you are misinterpreting everything I say.

I can translate it to mandarin for you.

You seems to create your own problems by not understanding what we are saying here in plain English.

Last edited:
I give up. Are you quite weak with English? Seems like you are misinterpreting everything I say.

I can translate it to mandarin for you.

So.. be it. Don't talk abt fool.
Unless, you want to be fool of yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.