D700 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry soh

Aug 29, 2008
Hi brothers, D700 with 50mm shows pictures fine indoors, but outdoors, LCD screen shows blank or unable to capture the image shown in the viewfinder. The outdoor shots were taken from a high-rise flat on the landscape below using Auto mode. Perhaps, Manual mode can work
or wrong settings made in the past not reset yet or a menu function has stopped working. Is it a
small problem that could be solved by manupulating the various menu settings or reset to default setting.

as far as I know the D700 does not have an AUTO mode. the closest to AUTO is PROGRAM mode.
Frankly, I don't really understand your situation here. You can shoot indoors but not outdoors?

if the lcd is blank (as in white) when displaying the images shot outside, then most probably you've got the iso setting on a pretty high value that makes it impossible to capture the shot, meaning the shot is completely overexposed, and thus white.

not much details unable to help, can try reset all camera settings and u try shooting in all modes at every situation u encounter/using.

if the lcd is blank (as in white) when displaying the images shot outside, then most probably you've got the iso setting on a pretty high value that makes it impossible to capture the shot, meaning the shot is completely overexposed, and thus white.

very unlikely, cause he's shooting in program mode.
the camera is going to adjust his shutter and f stop for him.

Hi brothers, Thanks. It is fine now, after some meddling with the menu settings. It is still new and getting to learn the controls.

TS good to know you have solved your problem.

Funny to see how Nikon tries to do all the handholding in a model like D3000 while the defacto newbie cam in SG seems to have shifted from D90 now to D700. :bigeyes:

Funny to see how Nikon tries to do all the handholding in a model like D3000 while the defacto newbie cam in SG seems to have shifted from D90 now to D700. :bigeyes:

Really funny indeed and great use of the word defacto.

A is for apecture priority not auto, so probably the setting could be at 1.8/high ISO and its too bright therefore overexposed....hence all white image.

Sometimes this forum tend to be too condescending, so what if a newbie can afford to buy a good cam? Perhaps the 'oldies' are a little envious?

Last edited:

maybe the "upcoming" D700s will have the handhoding auto mode?????

Correction. YOU are still new. 'He' does not need to 'learn the controls'. You do.

;)

This is a gd one :bsmilie:

A is for apecture priority not auto, so probably the setting could be at 1.8/high ISO and its too bright therefore overexposed....hence all white image.

Sometimes this forum tend to be too condescending, so what if a newbie can afford to buy a good cam? Perhaps the 'oldies' are a little envious?

Some oldies may be envious. But definitely not me. I am all for newbies upping their game to semi-pro and pro bodies. If they spend more, they help the economy. They don't bother me and I am perfectly happy with my D90. In the end, the only one I am "fighting" with is the weather, when taking my landscapes.

I'm just saying it is funny how the camera market behaves so differently here.

Last edited:

Indeed... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.