D70 vs D70s

Status
Not open for further replies.

deerbike

Aug 20, 2006
Hi I am looking for a 2nd hand camera and saw both of the above. Of cause D70 is cheaper. Are there significant different between them? Price diff. is between S$200 to 300 (I think).

Any input from the folks here? Thank you.:)

The difference between the D70 and the D70s are quite minor from some point of view. But alas, try getting the D70s. Probably lots of people selling it off as the D80 makes it way... Mine is a 2nd hand D70 :)

deerbike said:
Hi I am looking for a 2nd hand camera and saw both of the above. Of cause D70 is cheaper. Are there significant different between them? Price diff. is between S$200 to 300 (I think).

Any input from the folks here? Thank you.:)
- D70s build-in flash coverage is wider than D70 one.
- D70s 2.0" rear LCD is bigger than D70 1.8" one.
- D70s come with EN-EL3a battery, bigger capacity 1500mAH IIRC, compare to EN-EL3 battery, 1400mAH IIRC.
- D70s have remote socket for remote shutter release, D70 only can use IR remote for remote shutter release.
- D70s have improved Card reader circuit (board) than D70, which is notorious for BLOD (Blinking LED of Death).
- D70s bios on camera is newer/better than on D70. You need to upgrade/download yourself the newer bios to D70.

That's all I can recall.

Regards,
Arto.

I think the two major differences are:

(1) LCD screen bigger at 2inch for D70s
(2) The MC-DC1 option cable release which is wonderful for shooting night scenes and fireworks while enjoying the scenary yourself.

Two minor differences:
(1) Shutter button is black for D70s and silver for D70 hahaha
(2) "s" for D70s not for D70

Just get the D70s wont go wrong. Its newer also. s is already the upgraded version of D70. Good luck!

Regards,
tltan

Status
Not open for further replies.