The difference between the D70 and the D70s are quite minor from some point of view. But alas, try getting the D70s. Probably lots of people selling it off as the D80 makes it way... Mine is a 2nd hand D70
- D70s build-in flash coverage is wider than D70 one.
- D70s 2.0" rear LCD is bigger than D70 1.8" one.
- D70s come with EN-EL3a battery, bigger capacity 1500mAH IIRC, compare to EN-EL3 battery, 1400mAH IIRC.
- D70s have remote socket for remote shutter release, D70 only can use IR remote for remote shutter release.
- D70s have improved Card reader circuit (board) than D70, which is notorious for BLOD (Blinking LED of Death).
- D70s bios on camera is newer/better than on D70. You need to upgrade/download yourself the newer bios to D70.