D600, D800 prices

local set with nikon singapore warranty card

How u survive two mths without camera? Loss of earnings certainly more than 400, even if u dun make money from shooting, there may be forgone moments u can never repeat
haha! have a PNS and im in NS now so not very happening haha! got the D600 for upcoming travel in nov and dec =)

hey guys! i just bought one! went around funan and simlim today..Long story main point Orient Photo $2700 with 16GB SD class 10 45mb/s you can choose to forgo the SD card for a cheaper price..

Back to story....Alan photo at Sim lim quote me $2700 for 8GB class 10 + bag but went over to funan Alan photo say cannot offer that price... best price $2720 in the end went back to simlim Orient Photo good service had a good chat with Stanley

Check with most shops and discuss the future pricing.. toward end of this year don't expect price drop much maybe max $50 cause now second stock lao was selling $2.9 first few days now below 2.7 lao..

Sold my D700 1 week before announcement at 2.3...camera less for 2months? worth the wait and $400

How does the D600 compare to your D700?

I would think coming from D700 the next camera should be D800/E?

Helbreath said:

Honestly it's very light and the gripping is good... Video is amazing..Focusing is fast but one this I miss most is the af-on btn my right thumb suddenly become so free... Didn't get the D800 for a few reason personally at the moment don't need higher end one, will be using it for travel and gathers not shooting for money..

Helbreath said:

Hi, D700 in my hand only last not longer than <6 months when it is after launched..

I won't recommend as much from the lower specs.
The main reason :
Heavy, not much function, no video, 1 CF card, after processed the image still feeling yellowish.

D600 has totally improved over D700 & D7000 specs and functions else.

Honestly if I was do not have D800 an the D600 really satisfied to me :)

Just I'll need the D800 to be shots my products in the fine detailed.

Last edited:
For Price list moderators,

A friend got this quotes on October 1st.

Cathay S$2780/S$3800

SLR S$2780/S$3745

John S$2750/S$3850

TK S$2699/S$3750

Cheap! I just enquiry one D800 and they quote $4488 :eek:

What? Quoted even more expensive than the very 1st batch? Ridiculous.

Either you look very innocent / blur / rich . LoL
(just a joke)
Btw can share which shop is it ?

haha...cannot share the shop. I just called the boss. They matched the price listed above ;p

nostagia said:
I will likely stay far away from such shops that kills at 1st sight.

How come you all never try the eBay shop, Manly which is in Chinatown? I saw them listing the D800 at $3680 only 1-2 weeks ago.

How come you all never try the eBay shop, Manly which is in Chinatown? I saw them listing the D800 at $3680 only 1-2 weeks ago.

Most of the shops will quote a before-GST price to lure customers, also some might be grey sets.

nostagia said:
What? Quoted even more expensive than the very 1st batch? Ridiculous.

It is not ridiculous. $4488 is the RRP and majority of the D800 were sold at this price (& some even higher) in the first couple of months following its release.

It is not ridiculous. $4488 is the RRP and majority of the D800 were sold at this price (& some even higher) in the first couple of months following its release.

I'm very sure feels the same way. That's is indeed a ridiculous price simply because that was the price emblef had just got. i.e very recently.