D600, D800 prices

LBL2009

Jul 9, 2009
Seletar Estate, Singapore
For Price list moderators,

A friend got this quotes on October 1st.

Cathay S$2780/S$3800

SLR S$2780/S$3745

John S$2750/S$3850

TK S$2699/S$3750

thanks for the update - Cathay allows payment by card, not sure about the others though.

Nice to see prices coming off a bit; don't see many CS members announcing that they bought the D600. Could it be it is not selling that well?

I hear for Canon in Japan, they have stopped giving any new advertising contracts out. Business expected to be not so god all round.

Cathay S$2780/S$3800

SLR S$2780/S$3745

John S$2750/S$3850

TK S$2699/S$3750

Cathay S$2780/S$3800

SLR S$2780/S$3745

John S$2750/S$3850

TK S$2699/S$3750

Cathay doesn't charge extra for CC.
SLRR confirm charge 2% for Visa/Master
Never shopped at John before but I expect them to charge 2%
T K, depends on product. Certain they charge, certain they don't.

thanks for the update - Cathay allows payment by card, not sure about the others though.

Nice to see prices coming off a bit; don't see many CS members announcing that they bought the D600. Could it be it is not selling that well?

I hear for Canon in Japan, they have stopped giving any new advertising contracts out. Business expected to be not so god all round.
Not many/every CS member would announced anything they bought. And we (CS) dont represent a bigger market or the big picture. Anyway..why would you be affected by other people's choice. If it works for you/You really want it. Go for it. :cool:

Cathay S$2780/S$3800

SLR S$2780/S$3745

John S$2750/S$3850

TK S$2699/S$3750
Prices included gst hor?

TWmilkteaTW said:
Not many/every CS member would announced anything they bought. And we (CS) dont represent a bigger market or the big picture. Anyway..why would you be affected by other people's choice. If it works for you/You really want it. Go for it. :cool:

Why would I be influenced by other people's choices ? its called herd mentality and it happens all the time.

yes it does work for me... would love to go for it but... errr its gonna hurt my wallet (ouch)

Just came back from Funan over lunch. Prices are indeed true. Saw 1 set of D600 each at SLR, TK, CP and John.

At least in plain view. Did not realise that CP prices allows use of card!

The CC payment is not like harvey or best, 0% installment kind of payment right?

Is it cheaper in US, USD2100 for D600, SGD2585.....

The CC payment is not like harvey or best, 0% installment kind of payment right?

It is - I paid CC 0% installment for my 70-200mm lens at cathay previously.

Email quote from Cathay Photo and MSColor is S$2780 cash for the D600.

hey guys! i just bought one! went around funan and simlim today..Long story main point Orient Photo $2700 with 16GB SD class 10 45mb/s you can choose to forgo the SD card for a cheaper price..

Back to story....Alan photo at Sim lim quote me $2700 for 8GB class 10 + bag but went over to funan Alan photo say cannot offer that price... best price $2720 in the end went back to simlim Orient Photo good service had a good chat with Stanley

Check with most shops and discuss the future pricing.. toward end of this year don't expect price drop much maybe max $50 cause now second stock lao was selling $2.9 first few days now below 2.7 lao..

Sold my D700 1 week before announcement at 2.3...camera less for 2months? worth the wait and $400

Yes that might be true , but logically he would not tell you that price will drop $200 by next month right even if he know ?
But for those who can wait .... Hahaha you never know ....

moi-liang said:
hey guys! i just bought one! went around funan and simlim today..Long story main point Orient Photo $2700 with 16GB SD class 10 45mb/s you can choose to forgo the SD card for a cheaper price..

Back to story....Alan photo at Sim lim quote me $2700 for 8GB class 10 + bag but went over to funan Alan photo say cannot offer that price... best price $2720 in the end went back to simlim Orient Photo good service had a good chat with Stanley

Check with most shops and discuss the future pricing.. toward end of this year don't expect price drop much maybe max $50 cause now second stock lao was selling $2.9 first few days now below 2.7 lao..

Sold my D700 1 week before announcement at 2.3...camera less for 2months? worth the wait and $400

How u survive two mths without camera? Loss of earnings certainly more than 400, even if u dun make money from shooting, there may be forgone moments u can never repeat