D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

cumzilla said:
went to check it out just now, the kit kens included, but decided not to get it since most are of the opinions that the tamron not good

Bro, i don't think that all tamron lens not good but i think the guys here mentioned that this particular model is not the best.

HI,

Want to check out if there is any 3rd party battery grip for D5100. Is there is how much is it? I wish to get one.

HI,

Want to check out if there is any 3rd party battery grip for D5100. Is there is how much is it? I wish to get one.

i think some pages back in this thread there are some bros sharing about the bat grip. probably can search backwards.

Tk foto, funan 2nd level, phottix grip, $49 .. cheap and good.

Had this for almost a year now....busy for a while...seldom take pics...trying to start agn...
Here's my photo just took last week.. ;)

DSC_20202.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

I just bought this camera.

may I know whether I can mix original with 3rd party batteries in the grip?

Thanks Thinktank22!!

Also, I intend to get square filter as well. So far the best I heard of is Cokin followed by Hitech. However it's very very expensive :( .... But I saw on the Mass Sales Section that some stores selling Hercules / Tianya filter as a affordable price (in my price range). I wonder how does it affect in terms of image quality. I'm quite interested on Hercules square filter set ($68 for complete 6 filters + holder + adapter i think).

lewissac said:
Thanks Thinktank22!!

Also, I intend to get square filter as well. So far the best I heard of is Cokin followed by Hitech. However it's very very expensive :( .... But I saw on the Mass Sales Section that some stores selling Hercules / Tianya filter as a affordable price (in my price range). I wonder how does it affect in terms of image quality. I'm quite interested on Hercules square filter set ($68 for complete 6 filters + holder + adapter i think).

From where u heard the hercules filters set at $68? Care to share? Cos tianya is more than that..

I just bought this camera.

may I know whether I can mix original with 3rd party batteries in the grip?

I wouldn't think it is a good idea as a bad 3rd party battery could possibly damage the original as well, unless I'm wrong about how the grip works.
Keep us posted. :)

Hercules Bundled Kit - Basic kit set
Compatible with Cokin P system

includes:
1x ND4 Filter
1x ND8 Filter
1x Graduated ND Filter
1x Graduated Blue Filter
1x Graduated Orange-Sunset Filter
1x Filter Holder
1x Adapter Ring (sizes from 52mm - 82mm )

Excerpted from sgcamerastore
Cost only SGD 68. I wonder is it worth it?

am looking for a set as well. this looks interesting....wonder any reviews of it...

Hercules Bundled Kit - Basic kit set
Compatible with Cokin P system

includes:
1x ND4 Filter
1x ND8 Filter
1x Graduated ND Filter
1x Graduated Blue Filter
1x Graduated Orange-Sunset Filter
1x Filter Holder
1x Adapter Ring (sizes from 52mm - 82mm )

Excerpted from sgcamerastore
Cost only SGD 68. I wonder is it worth it?

so far so good am using this Hercules Sets , it the same as the tianya but the color casting is much better than tianya ( which i also own which the N8 for tianya is too much color cast ) , for this Hercules brand - if you are looking for somewhere affordable

thanks for the tips..

so far so good am using this Hercules Sets , it the same as the tianya but the color casting is much better than tianya ( which i also own which the N8 for tianya is too much color cast ) , for this Hercules brand - if you are looking for somewhere affordable

Thanks for the advice! Now I can safely purchase it. Hehe.

Btw, Tianya's filter set is jus additional $30 from the usual Hercules $68.

Hi all! Going to hong kong for study trip soon and have set my eyes on either the 16-85 nikkor or tamron 28-75. Any advice which will be better as I normally do a bit of portrait and street. Research and see that the tamron is rather slow in AF in low light, any fellow users here can share exp? Thanks!!

I would go for the 16-85 nikon lens. This lens has legendary sharpness and the range is better than the tamron. The downside is that it's not a fast lens with big aperture so you might want to consider what kind of subjects you shoot then select the right lens for yourself.

i am aiming sigma 17-70mm f2.8-f4.0 OS HSM