D5100 user...fall in!! Part Two

-star- said:
Was using auto just now..will try again tmr thanks!

Obviously, auto WB will attempt to cool the warm scene. Making it looks more blue than the actual scene. Try using sunny WB or tune to abt 6600 kelvin.

oopss.....shld hv guessed, salvatores feragamo....haiz....sorry sis....do enjoy the thread n shoot more n ask ur doubts.....

Haha I'm female: ) n ty!

But they r giving it for free mah.....

Just stick to buying from one of the recommended shops in funan is your best bet :)

cumzilla said:
ya, but i dun think it comes with the kit lens, so it just the tamron lens at RRP

Oh, didnt know that d5100 got sell body only locally. Then in that case better get from known funan shops la.

Oh, didnt know that d5100 got sell body only locally. Then in that case better get from known funan shops la.

Some shop had a similar chop with sigma 18-200mm a little while back. They advertised as nikon camera (forget which one) + 18-200mm lens giving a false impression it might be the nikkor 18-200mm.

i am not sure about that too, so does that mean even the 18-55 mm VR kit lens is better than the tamron at that range?

cumzilla said:
i am not sure about that too, so does that mean even the 18-55 mm VR kit lens is better than the tamron at that range?

18-55mm vr for all its faults is a very sharp lens. If you want a super zooms, I would suggest getting a body + Tammy 18-270 or the nikon 18-200mm.

18-55mm vr for all its faults is a very sharp lens. If you want a super zooms, I would suggest getting a body + Tammy 18-270 or the nikon 18-200mm.

i wonder how much that would cost with either of the 2 lens u reccomended, like Konspire had mentioned and from what i had read, doesnt seem like they are selling body only, so with kit lens + the super zooms, that would definitely cost more

The reason why i am interested in the promo is i think i prefer to get a single lens with super zooms, but currently nikon is offering kit lens + the 55-200mm VR lens (PWP @ $199), dat will be close to 1.4k, funan shops will offer lower i know, but will that be close to RRP with the reccomended super zooms?

cumzilla said:
i wonder how much that would cost with either of the 2 lens u reccomended, like Konspire had mentioned and from what i had read, doesnt seem like they are selling body only, so with kit lens + the super zooms, that would definitely cost more

The reason why i am interested in the promo is i think i prefer to get a single lens with super zooms, but currently nikon is offering kit lens + the 55-200mm VR lens (PWP @ $199), dat will be close to 1.4k, funan shops will offer lower i know, but will that be close to RRP with the reccomended super zooms?

U are better of not buying from there... The kit lens is fine and the pwp is nice. A super zoom such as tamron 18-270mm with body will be at best $1500 (Tammy is grey set)

cumzilla said:

I think personally, the direct nikon offer wif pwp is not bad as it gives the nikkor 55-200mm lens. It gave a list of authorised dealers as well so u cld find the usual suspects giving a better deal.