D50 Command Dial Mulfunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeflobang

Dec 11, 2005
Sembawang
Hi all

Been a great d50 user after going through 3 other cameras the last 1.5 years (Kodak 6490, A95 and S2IS). Lately, when I am turning the Command Dial in clockwise direction, certain clicks will see no reaction from the camera. But it works fine in anti-clockwise. Is this normal or Time for a visit to check out Nikon's service centre quality at Fuji Xerox's Tower?

reeflobang said:
Hi all

Been a great d50 user after going through 3 other cameras the last 1.5 years (Kodak 6490, A95 and S2IS). Lately, when I am turning the Command Dial in clockwise direction, certain clicks will see no reaction from the camera. But it works fine in anti-clockwise. Is this normal or Time for a visit to check out Nikon's service centre quality at Fuji Xerox's Tower?

mine works both direction, under all the modes. looks like u have to visit them on monday... :embrass:

Before doing it, try "pressing the reset switch" at the bottom of the camera..... not too sure if D50 has one though. This si suppose to "cure" control panel problems. Yours may be hardware related but no harm trying.

You would have to reset your camera date & time though.

yyD70S said:
Before doing it, try "pressing the reset switch" at the bottom of the camera..... not too sure if D50 has one though. This si suppose to "cure" control panel problems. Yours may be hardware related but no harm trying.

You would have to reset your camera date & time though.

Tried.... :( Gotta go to the CLINIC already...... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.