D50 body but with what lens?! help help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koelsch

Jan 5, 2006
The Land of the Teddy Bear
Hello to all fellow CS members.

I'm rather new to this forums but i've reading all reviews and comments and learning alot from this forums. but all i want to know is what lens should i get for my D50 in future? i'll be getting one real soon.

i'm more of a photographer covering gaming events such as WCG and some small scale events. though i'm not paid for it. i do it as a passion and being a gamer myself. But i'm also interested in learning more and maybe helping out friends and family members with weddings and such.

I know i should go for a course once i have my camera and really go out and shoot more picture. but is it wise to get a lens? or just learn with the kit lens first? and i'm not rich =( . i'm trying to save whatever i can :devil:

Cheers!

P.S : i don't wanna be sucked into the "buy buy buy" dark circle. but i do love your comments epsn =)

Doesn't the D50 come with 18-55? :dunno:

espn said:
Doesn't the D50 come with 18-55? :dunno:

yeah it does. and i've thinking alot too. it's sufficient for me to take close up shots of gamers at events. but some prize giving ceromonies like those at WCG are super far away. and 18-55 ain't enough. i was thinking of getting another lens but not before i really know how to handle and take good pictures. any tips or advise?

you can actually view some of my pictures at www.gamesync.net . i'm a writer and photographer for them. i'm a friend of the owner and doing it just as a passion and an excuse to get media passes ;p

I think.. you'll need

i) SB-800 flash for event coverage

ii) 18-200 VR

But if I were you, I'd get

ii) AF-S 70-200VR f/2.8G

If at this moment you cannot decide what other len you should add on to your collection then you should seriously consider to put on hold everything, familiarise your self with the limitations of the camera + 18-55 before moving forward.

i don't think i would need the flash right now. ALL events that i'm covering are mostly gaming events and flashs are not advisable. yeah i did consider those lenses. hmmms it's hard to decide with range of lenses.

oh well. shall get my d50 and start attending courses and taking more shots before i get my lens and flashes. anyway thanks espn. seems that you stick by your comp like forever lol :devil:

Well, I'm stuck at KT, might as well use their internet connection to surf net, late for my Nikon User Group meet up liao, sure kena scolded.

Flash is not advisable, but it's something you cannot do without if you're shooting with f/3.5-5.6 type of glasses inside hall.

Just BUY BUY BUY!!!

=( don't attempt to psycho me with your disease man.

hahaha. thanks anyway. =) raining over at KT? o_o busy busy you. shall keep a lookout for good stuff.

Cheers.

I'm not psychoing you.. just telling you what's best and why you should do it... :devil: JUST DO IT....

Nope, KT this side is not raining, but stuck at the shop waiting for my prints to be finished. Whee...

HAHA yeah i get your good intentions. oh well. shall go find out more about the lenses and consider the money part =( . anyway any books to recommand for beginners like me?

Will really need to see what you need to learn and want to learn.

But before that, BUY BUY BUY!!!

espn said:
Will really need to see what you need to learn and want to learn.

But before that, BUY BUY BUY!!!

YES BOSS! shall starting buying soon. after my bday and cny. surf more learn more than i'll shall get back to ya for more advise before getting any glasses =)

hope you get scolding later ;p

tele lens may consider Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

Koelsch said:
YES BOSS! shall starting buying soon. after my bday and cny. surf more learn more than i'll shall get back to ya for more advise before getting any glasses =)

hope you get scolding later ;p

Why wait... do it now :devil:

Already kena scolding, the moment I stepped into KT, I saw black clouds + thunder & lightning, I knew I sure kena KO liao...:cry:

iso100 said:
tele lens may consider Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

Yeahs already in my consideration list. But i'm gonna get my D50 before anything else! Invested in other stuff recently. Gonna test the capability of individual lenses and budget =\ . What about some macro lens for my personal interest? I would love to take ALOT of pictures of my pet hermit crabs.

Get 50mm + BR-2A for macro.

Forget the Sigma, it won't hold up to the 70-200VR.

espn said:
Why wait... do it now :devil:

Already kena scolding, the moment I stepped into KT, I saw black clouds + thunder & lightning, I knew I sure kena KO liao...:cry:

HAHA east side already rain-ed ;p . The world is dying man, there was this period of time where it rain-ed like 5minutes and stop and 5 minutes and stopped.

Why can't i buy it now? because i'm only left with $100 =( . too many ppls owe-ing me money man . lol

Koelsch said:
Why can't i buy it now? because i'm only left with $100 =( . too many ppls owe-ing me money man . lol

Wah... you "ah-long" ah???? Owe you money??

I'm a good boy alright! I loan friends money and yet they betrayed the trust and refused and gave so many excuses not to return the money he owned me like two years ago.

My dad owes me quite alot as well =( . oh well. money can be earned back and i'm only 19, reaching 20 next monday. I thought i could get my D50 on my bday but i spent it on a v3 and xmas presents for A friend.

Koelsch said:
I'm a good boy alright! I loan friends money and yet they betrayed the trust and refused and gave so many excuses not to return the money he owned me like two years ago.

My dad owes me quite alot as well =( . oh well. money can be earned back and i'm only 19, reaching 20 next monday. I thought i could get my D50 on my bday but i spent it on a v3 and xmas presents for A friend.
Wah... spend some on me leh... :thumbsup: I can do with a D2X and the whole set of trinities.

Status
Not open for further replies.