D3200 is out !!

I am very interested in what they will do for the D7100. Will they axe the possibility of a D400 and put instead into the D7100...add tilting lcd, swee already.

Well done to Nikon for their great market research team! For many years, PnS cameras have started from 3megapixels to the recent 12 megapixels, and this is what PnS user will look at each time they upgrade their camera. And with this new 24 megapixels entry DSLR, they will be able to attract new PnS user to upgrade to DSLR.

But just to warn new DSLR user who wants to go for this camera, think properly, higher megapixels means bigger file size, and means bigger capacity SD card, need to upgrade HDD and computing power. But what is the purpose of a large megapixel photo if the only thing you do to the photo is to post it onto Facebook or if you print the largest size is maybe 8R? Do you really need the large file as how many of the new DSLR user can afford a photoshop software, and how many of them wants to spent time to do photo editing?

I really find that there is really no reason for buying this camera, as you are going to spent more money on storage, and computing power.

Just my personal opinion. I am still a strong Nikon supporter, I am waiting for a D7000 upgrade, I want more video features upgrade to it, hope Nikon see this... haha... thank you.

that is what they said about the D800, but if you look realistically, every year HDD capacity will increase computers will get faster while the price stay roughly the same.
if the IQ of the images that the D3200 is good @ 24MP just think of the IQ when you resize it back down fir screen display on facebook. How about the extra pixels that you have when you want to crop for a tighter shot. true that it is not essential but it is good to have. My feelings is that it would make a really good travel camera.

when is the D3200 gonna be launched in SG?

It would be interesting to see how this little camera performs.

There is something I really want to know.

As we all know the full frame D800 has 36mp in a much bigger sensor, due to this, one can make big crops without sacrificing details.

Now, this APSC size sensor has 24mp, will it have the same capability as the D800?

May be Nex 7 (another 24mp APSC cam) owners can comment?

ortega said:
It is supposed to be already shipping in the US

Just look at the pricing and it's more expensive than the D5100, omg...

Waiting for this to come out.... light camera with a really good video capabilities :)

i have the d3100 - actually the problem with shooting video is the battery capacity, use up very fast .... until not practical anymore

Waiting for this to come out.... light camera with a really good video capabilities :)

from the sample photos I see that the noise control quality is as nice as d90.