D300 Weather Seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

screambitch

Oct 26, 2008
Yishun.
Hey guys, I was just wondering just how much protection the D300's weather seal gives?

I was taking pictures of my niece and nephew jumping into the pool just now. My camera took a bit of a slapsh when my niece decided to powerbomb into the pool. I managed to clean up all of the water except for this wee-wee little bit that kind of seeped into the secondary Fn button.

Right now I've placed my camera infront of a fan. I've just left it there to try and get the water to dry up.

Is there anything else I can/should do? Or am I just worrying too much?

Hey guys, I was just wondering just how much protection the D300's weather seal gives?

I was taking pictures of my niece and nephew jumping into the pool just now. My camera took a bit of a slapsh when my niece decided to powerbomb into the pool. I managed to clean up all of the water except for this wee-wee little bit that kind of seeped into the secondary Fn button.

Right now I've placed my camera infront of a fan. I've just left it there to try and get the water to dry up.

Is there anything else I can/should do? Or am I just worrying too much?
I'd bring it to the service centre just to be sure if I were you. But unless the camera took a dunk in the pool, I wouldn't worry so much. :)

if you have the dry cabinet, put your camera inside...

right now im staying over at my cousins place. so i wont be going back till tomorrow afternoon.
so putting it back in the drybox will be a good thing?

D300 Weather seal is pretty good. Should be splash and Drizzle prove. Shot for 3 hours under a Drizzle once. 8 months back. Still Ok. Lens wise be careful... especially those lens that physically extends....

Cheers!

D300 Weather seal is pretty good. Should be splash and Drizzle prove. Shot for 3 hours under a Drizzle once. 8 months back. Still Ok. Lens wise be careful... especially those lens that physically extends....

Cheers!

oh thats great to know. i was a little worried just now.
i also came across an article where apparently some guy was shooting in wind and a drizzle, said after the shoot his camera was soaked. but it was perfectly fine.. niceee..

oh thats great to know. i was a little worried just now.
i also came across an article where apparently some guy was shooting in wind and a drizzle, said after the shoot his camera was soaked. but it was perfectly fine.. niceee..

i shot my d300 at the beach with saltwater splashing here and there at bit. cleaned up with damp cloth back home. all fine for me.

i have no worry on the d300 sealing.

but u can sent to NSC for servicing if u not having a peace of mind.

:confused:

Hey guys, I was just wondering just how much protection the D300's weather seal gives? .... Or am I just worrying too much?

I brought my D300 to HK Disneyland last year. It was drizzling heavily and I was snapping the wet looks. Thereafter was caught in the infamous "June black storm" where it got wet (not drenched though). No problems whatsoever. And definitely no dry boxes there!

No worries, that brick can take some punishments!

I brought my D300 to HK Disneyland last year. It was drizzling heavily and I was snapping the wet looks. Thereafter was caught in the infamous "June black storm" where it got wet (not drenched though). No problems whatsoever. And definitely no dry boxes there!

No worries, that brick can take some punishments!

oh man that is so good to know. im glad i got the D300 then. i was really worried, just now. but after reading all your comments, i think its safe to say i should not be too worried at all. =0)

I did shoot under drizzling rain for the whole afternoon with my D70 previously. Just wipe it and air dry before proper storage will do the job.

I don't think a DSLR will be so fragile under minor splash of water, provided that you have necessary dry-up process after the session.

Bring to service centre if you experience any problems with function.It is highly unlikely that the water will cause any damage as the D300 is weather sealed.I have dropped my D200 in 1m thick snow and had no problems after that.The DXXX series has the best weather sealing around, only losing to the DX and the other fully professional cameras of other brands.

My D200 was drenched in a tropical storm in Zanzibar.... I just wiped it dry after the storm and continue shooting.... back in SG, just chuck everything in the dry cabinet. Don't worry too much.... If kiasi... send everything back to NSC (good for SG economy)

My D200 was drenched in a tropical storm in Zanzibar.... I just wiped it dry after the storm and continue shooting.... back in SG, just chuck everything in the dry cabinet. Don't worry too much.... If kiasi... send everything back to NSC (good for SG economy)

kanchong mar, first time my cam got splashed with water.. so i was a little worried. ;p

D300 is splash and Drizzle prove.
No worries at all. :thumbsup:

looking forward to my trip to melb to utitlize my D300! hehe!

I used my D70 (not D300) under light snow during my winter trip....defintely no dry box for the 7 days...also no problem...just wipe and fan dry after used :lovegrin:

I used my D70 (not D300) under light snow during my winter trip....defintely no dry box for the 7 days...also no problem...just wipe and fan dry after used :lovegrin:

hahaha, I shot with my D90 in a light drizzle for 20 minutes or so. After that i just dumped it in my dry cab for 24hrs :)

Personally, I don't think a little water's worth worrying much about :p

haha...hear one of the craziest D300 stories.

I was overseas and it was raining cats and dogs.....really heavy heavy rain...jumped outta a car and did something stupid, tried to take a few shots in the rain...useless, the rain drenched the lens and nothing could be shot.

Anyway...the camera survived, no damage, no faults and malfunction even after a year...its still running perfectly, even in heavy rain..

though no recommended, or intended to be, it is more 'solid' than most people think.

as above say..any problem bring to NSC but i think should be no problem.

if a ages old pentax K10D can survive in space + planetfall then the higher priced Nikon D300 should be able to survive a dunk in water....if its salt water then will really test its build quality.

I've shot with my d200 in thunderstorms many times, once in rome and many other times in singapore for the SAF. only 1 thing happens. the rubber will expand very quickly, other than that, its cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.