D1H or D70 ? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

b18

Nov 8, 2002
Kangaroo land
www.estphoto.com
I was looking for a D1H this morning, and got a few ppl PM ing me their D1H.
The price range from $2500-> $3000. Some are in really good condition.

Now the problem is ... should I choose D70 or D1H ?

As I dun really do much outdoor stuff .. mostly still life photography on top of a table [ D70 is ok]
Also I dun do poster prints .. the most I'll do is 10R and that only happens once in a blue moon I think [or when I get some model shoot order]
[D1H .. is ok too :( ]

So anyone want to persuade me to get a D70 instead ?

look at the specification and decide > Nikon.com.sg becos when you decided to buy the D1H in another words meaning no more warranty, and if you need to send to workshop for servicing, looking at the grade of the cam it looks like not going to be cheap also.
D70 you are paying less and look like more advantages over the D1H especially you are paying lower price for D70 and the extra money you pay for an old D1H can use it to buy another lens.

cucu said:
look at the specification and decide

err .. I did .
That's y I pointed out that I won't need D70 6mpx ..
and I dun need D1H high fps :D

Coz for my film cam, I've only use F90 and F100 ..
never touched F80 or below so far.
Coz I am a bit abusive while shooting outdoor :D

But ppl is saying that D70 mount construction might not hold large lenses well .. hence I don't know if it can support my 2+ kg lenses well when I run around with it :dunno:
[ has anyone tried a 300mm lens on a D70 ? ]

=bob=

I think the commitment must come from Nikon Singapore, not the readers :)

Last year I went to a show and saw a F80 with a AFS 600/4 mounted on a large tripod. I mean it much depends on how you handle it.

erm. the lens is mounted on the tripod, not the camera body. if you try to mount ANY camera with the 600 f/4 on a tripod, it probably won't last very long, even if it's F5.

so personally i don't think body mount construction has anything to do with the choice of camera (unless you're one of those people who walk around with a super telezoom mounted to camera and holding it by camera alone, which is really stupid IMHO).

Hm.. D1H at $2.5k is a good deal...which I would get over the D70.

I recently chose a 4 year old D1 over the D70.
Though I would have gotten a D1H instead if it was available then.

since you have used a F100 (CAM1300), the D70's CAM900 may be a tad slow for your liking... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.