D1 Grand Prix Professional Drift Series at Danga Bay, Johor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperlemon

Apr 17, 2006
Beijing, PRC
www.moviemania.com.sg
Dear all,

For those who loves drifting and those who wish to see some car sliding actions, D1 GP is coming to JB which is very near to Singapore.

The drift King, Tsuchiya Keiichi is coming to Malaysia too.

Drift_Bible_2.jpg

D1 Professional Drift Grand Prix Round 2 at Danga Bay, Johor Bahru is on the 22nd April 2006 ( Start from 10am to 10pm).

Qualifying starts at 3pm and actual race starts at 7pm.

So, those who wish to go and watch, better be early to avoid the big jams coming to Danga Bay.

Expected crowd : 10,000

The Blitz-Yokohama D1 SPL Silvia of Imperial Concepts will be there for the race.
blitz_S15_wallpaper.jpg

How to go to Danga Bay :

Once you cross over to Malaysia Customs after Singapore, just go straight along the roads, don't turn left or right to any road, and this road will lead you to a very scenic road of which you will see Singapore on your left side, after about 10mins of driving, you will see the signboard : DANGA BAY, go along the road some more, until you see FESTIVE MALL @ DANGA BAY, turn left into Festive Mall, follow the road to the mall carpark and you will see all the drift action happening on your left.

For more information, refer to the official D1 Grand Prix Malaysia Series website at www.d1gp.com.my or Singapore Drift Forum at www.driftsg.com/forum

Cheers

tanx for the info,anyway,the place will be jam packed..any parking place nearby shouyld the carpark there is full?

1. Is there any way to get there without a car? How many km away from the customs area is it?

2. And are there any admission charges?

3. Will any drivers from Japan be participating or doing a demo? Like Nobuteru Taniguchi and so on?

Hyperlemon,

Magnificent stuff, will the RWD WRX be there too? :thumbsup:

Wah...so many questions.....okies let me answer one by one...

Q1 : ....the place will be jam packed..any parking place nearby shouyld the carpark there is full?

Yes, there are another alternative parkings near to the Festive Mall area where D1 is held...you have to walk about 5 mins...

Q2 : Is there any way to get there without a car? How many km away from the customs area is it?

It should be around 10-15km or so from the custom area. And I am not sure whether you can go there by other means except car....perhaps you can car pool.

Q3 : And are there any admission charges?

Nope, so far the organisers said that they will not charge any entrance fees to watch D1

Q4 : Will any drivers from Japan be participating or doing a demo? Like Nobuteru Taniguchi and so on?

I heard there may be a few Jap drivers doing some demo...but it is not confirmed, I am sure that the Drift King Tsuchiya Keiichi will be doing demo as well....

Q5 : ....RWD WRX be there too ?

Yes it will be there....btw there will be another full rollcage track D1 RWD WRX on the way...this time, it will be more powerful and better in handling, with straight cut gearbox, 4 throttle turbo EJ20, chassis fully built in Japan...coming to Singapore scene...stay tuned

How long would a taxi ride from the immigration area be? I've never been there before. Anyone wants to go together? Maybe meet around 11 am at Kranji MRT?

Sausage said:
How long would a taxi ride from the immigration area be? I've never been there before. Anyone wants to go together? Maybe meet around 11 am at Kranji MRT?

Taxi ride from immigration to Danga Bay will be around 10-15 minutes IIRC.

Wah, got Tori Tori going there... do ppl here watch Best Motoring VCD? A lot of time this Tori Tori & the old man drives the fastest... even if they do not have the most powerful car in the shoot out...

Anyone saw Tori Tori's test drive of the 507bhp M5? He can even drift that heavy weight... He made the M5 so fast...

s13.jpg

s13side.jpg

wrx.jpg

wrx2.jpg

the yellowish,goldish.greenish cum dono wat funny color :eek: R34 skyline was the demo car for the day by the Drift King... err who crashes the front left bumper during one of the demo :bang:

also imperial's blitz s15 chillin in the tentage, Chris's Miki Racing S13 by the side..
blitz.jpg

Some Practice in the afternoon which all went to waste because it rain in the night jus before qualifiers... :driving: :driving: :driving:

s13_1.jpg

s13_2.jpg

s13_3.jpg

s15_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.