Curves History

h2o

Nov 24, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Hi All,

After I have done something in Curves (CS 3) and click ok, is it possible and how to track what was done?

Please advise.

Many thanks.

no, unless you are using layer adjustment,
try use layer adjustment instead, it is non destructive, you can revert to original state, know what have you adjusted, or alter it.

thank you for your reply...

yes i did use layer.....after i click ok in curves and reopen......i am not able to see the points that i made.....is it possible to see those points that i made?

I'm talking about layer adjustment, like this

LayersAction.jpg

Last edited:
thank you for your reply...

after i click ok in curves and reopen......i am not able to see the points that i made.....

Did you make adjustments on the composite curve or on the individual color curves? If the latter, you need to go to those channels in the curves dialog to see your original adjustments.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, you're using a curves adjustment layer that looks like this ... right?

curves.jpg

Last edited:
Hi catchlights & Peano,

Thank you for your reply.

I finally got what you guys meant.

I did use layer but not in the way you guys did it. I made a duplicate layer and made adjustments in the composite curves. After I clicked ok. I could not open the Curves box anymore.

ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 07 21.29

Apologies that I was not clear in my question and answer.

Thank you guys, learnt something new today :)

I did use layer but not in the way you guys did it. I made a duplicate layer and made adjustments in the composite curves.

That's what I suspected. Avoid duplicating image layers and stick with adjustment layers (not "layer adjustments").

you should use layers when you are doing touch up on the image, like cloning, so you able to backtrack if the results are unsatisfactory.