CS5 stduent price

Then why bother paying in the first place?

The pirates are all around the internet.

If you are a business you want peace of mind that everything is legit.

Seriously I got no time to troubleshoot or fix software problem when important programs suddenly stop working, can't stay updated on the latest fixes, or updated and whole registry gets f-cupked-up, or get threatened with a lawsuit or name smearing, etc, etc.

Ya... that's why curious what happen to the software license after finish school. Have CS3 and CS5.5 from 2 laptop I purchased. Uninstalled the CS3 as it ate 5GB of HDD, never bother with the CS5.5...

The installation CDs only state "Educational version. No for commercial purposes and resale". Never read the EULA thing, too many words will spoil my eyes.

I heard the term "commercial purposes" can be a very debatable term.. As least in the legal aspect, wonder if there's an explanation out there.

I heard the term "commercial purposes" can be a very debatable term.. As least in the legal aspect, wonder if there's an explanation out there.

It means you profited or attempted to profit via using it. It's does not only mean commercials as in an advertisement. It means commerce as a whole.

It is very clear cut in the courts of law and anyone who tell you it's very debatable is trying to get you into legal trouble.

Last edited:
JasonB said:
It means you profited or attempted to profit via using it. It's does not only mean commercials as in an advertisement. It means commerce as a whole.

It is very clear cut in the courts of law and anyone who tell you it's very debatable is trying to get you into legal trouble.

Thanks for ur clarification :)
Out of curiosity, that does not apply for photoshop elements right?

I don't think there is an academic version for Photoshop Elements.

Besides, you can get the full suite for just S$99 with the student pass.

Prince Photogenic said:
Full suite of Adobe products?

Does not include elements afaik

I had done research on this - information is actually readily available, and from my memory in America? the policy is that if you buy it under a educational license, you can continue to use it for commercial work even after the criteria for purchasing educational license do not apply. I then proceeded to check up on the policy in other places and I remember that this is not the case here. So essentially you can purchase a educational license, but you CANNOT use it for commercial use.

But of course, don't take my word for it. I will try to check out if I have time.