CS P&P section

perhaps u would like to organise one and guide them? :cool:

talk very easy lor..:sticktong

I did thought about it before but it is not going to work. Many shooters mindsets are not to produce good images but machine gun and fill up their memory card. Worst they get angry when you stop them and attempt to teach them how to take better stuff by posing the models, lighting etc.

I will be out of business after the second shoot.

I did thought about it before but it is not going to work. Many shooters mindsets are not to produce good images but machine gun and fill up their memory card. Worst they get angry when you stop them and attempt to teach them how to take better stuff by posing the models, lighting etc.

I will be out of business after the second shoot.

dat mean ur skill not power enuff lor...:bsmilie:

um, what i find ridiculous is not the quality- or lack of thereof- in this case going thru that section

BUT
the concept behind the portraits. I find it demeaning that most of them revolves around sleaze and sexuality. Bikini shoots are so predominant in the organized workshop. It saddens me how a block of shooters are one-dimensional. Perhaps thinking out of the box and tapping on creativity should be re-enforced here.

Maybe the prime reason for them to shoot girls wearing the least is to offset their lack of capabilities-cause who cares about lighting and stuff when we got a whole lot of raging hormones patronizing these shoots.

i am so insensitive-i know. :p

Last edited:
As Singapore's leading photography forum, it is sad that standards had been dropping in the P&P section

NO one is perfect. Or is your standards too high? maybe i should ask what are you expecting? :confused:

Posting an example of your definition of high standard will be good,
Well.. different people different levels of standards.

is too sleazy. had became a breeding ground for hum sup lo(s) and GWCs.

That is all.

fully agree. v seldom see quality p&p shots these days e.g. zemotion et al. just skin, skin, and yes, more skin.

pride is art created, pleasure is desire fulfilled.

no prizes for guessing the driving force behind p&p today.

It's a public forum .. and the general hobbyist far outnumber the enthusiast which far far outweight what we term professionals...

so the P&P section simply reflects how people like to shoot their subjects .... and considering majority are men, (young men for that matter) i think you cannot deny the fact a lot of them want to show the "OMMMMPH" sexy side of things ... (clearly they might feel if i dont show a bit of leg... my pictures are just ordinary...

But take a look at other sections of the forum... Photographers arent all hum sup, it's just people interested in FASHION and PORTRAITS tend to want to show that side...

That said, fashion and portraits can be better portrayed ( i agree ) and it's a good idea for any self respecting photographer (esp if u wanna be a part of the local shooting community) to comment on photographs you think deserved to be commented...

Saying "wah chio, wah sexy" only helps get more people into thinking their SEXY shots (with the lack of skill based efforts) is something truly rewarding... hopefully given time, those that arent worth comment wont even post.. because yeah .. sexy nude.. but after 1 week without comment.. i think they'll think about something else to do .. maybe just frame it at home and admire themselves...

:think: oh well ... there's A LOT of people out there! You can't change the world but you MIGHT influence them...

haha

Ejun

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

'what? why you want this pose? i want the bend over and show a better view pose.. i think it makes her look sexier.'

'aiya what lighting? never mind la, just flash everything so can see all the details can already..'

I think we should have a sub potrait and poses forum for the kind of pictures we're talking about. Maybe we can call it something like "The young lacey lingerie, mesmerising bikini and the real deal nudies" sub-forum. :bsmilie:

Anyway, I hope Leong and gang can post some high standard animal potraits in P&P so that the folks in there can reflect on why their "fashion and potraits" of XMM aren't even close to that of an animal. :sticktong

But that said, I think a sub-forum would be great. :)

May the force be with you. :bsmilie:

Episode_5_Darth_Vader_Luke_Skywalker_Fight_2.jpg

Maybe we should spend more time in P&P rather than Kopitiam? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

that's why i don't bother looking at p&p... very uninspiring

sorry for being blunt but there are only a handful of photographers whose portraits i would appreciate

that's why i don't bother looking at p&p... very uninspiring

sorry for being blunt but there are only a handful of photographers whose portraits i would appreciate

i look at P&P to inspire myself with regards to what to *not* become. :bsmilie::bsmilie: